Someone, please take Dumbo Fisher

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 18, 2006.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Reminds me of the steel guitar player who was being heckled by some idiot about how badly he was playing. The guy handed him his bar and picks and said, let's see how you play? :hihi:

2. MCab

MCab Founding Member

I think it's bound to happen. I've heard he and Les have been clashing. When a coordinator's head gets big enough, it usually means he's about to move on.

3. CTIGER

CTIGER Founding Member

Personally, I thought they should have thrown it to the endzone on their first play of OT, but we won the game with the plays they called at end, so why cry about it.

The play calling was not the problem in this game. The team looked like the walking dead the whole game. They were flat, and that I put on the head coach. You have to be able to get your team up for these games, regardless of the team you are playing.

While I don't think Les should be fired, I am not all that impressed with his coaching at this point of his career at LSU! . I hope he can change my opinion though as I think he is our coach for awhile and I will support him while he is here.

4. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Or the heart surgeon that left a sponge and scalpel in the body when he sewed up his patient at the fanciest hospital in the area. When the patient complained, he said, "Well do your own surgery next time, if you have these crazy expectations."

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Very nice and fair post.

6. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

In OT, LSU was in control of the game after the Ole Miss fumble. It may be a lot of glitz by winning via a TD, but it is somewhat riskier than running the ball since you can win the game via a field goal with our reliable field goal kicker, PARTICULARLY in light of JR being hot and cold tonight with several overthrown or missed passes to receivers

7. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Thats what i've been tryin to say...its no use

8. CTIGER

CTIGER Founding Member

Funny, stat I saw for that reliable kicker was 4 for 8 on the season. I know that was the safe way to play but, field goal kicking at LSU has made me nervous for many years now.

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I don't have the stats on our vaunted kicking game.

Anybody have made vs total field goals attempted before we made that last one?

I doubt seriously we would characterize it as a "reliable FG kicker" as ccgw alluded to.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

If we always started on the opponents 25 yard line, it may be a valid comparison.