Someone, please take Dumbo Fisher

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 18, 2006.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I mean please.

OC job, head coaching job. It doesn't matter. Just do it. And quick.

Even in OT as our passing game was unstoppable, he called for a drive killing run that set up a FG which was tenuous at best.

I emplore you ADs, come one, come all. Take him away.

2. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

Fisher model: Oh something is working...I should get away from that!

LSU needs a creative offensive coordinator.

This was our hiccup...can't do it against Ark.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

If he had thrown the ball when all we needed was a FG, I'd agree with you. Running the ball was what 99.9999999% of football coaches would have done in that situation.

You are dead wrong on this one.

4. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

how is he dead wrong.....after getting a freaking extra point blocked why in the hell would you settle for a field goal?

5. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

I agree I am ready for him to go. But this one like most of our other horiible showings has to be put on Miles. The whole team looked like **** until the 4th quarter.

All I know is as soon as it is legal to do so, Miles should buy JR something real nice and attach a nice little note that says "thanks for helping me disguise the fact that I am still in way over my head for the last two years." Love LES.

Richdog likes this.
  6. LSU Rubi

LSU Rubi Founding Member

Totally agree with you on that. That is how you always see it go down when all you need is 3 points to win.

Because he had 1 p.a.t. blocked after how many consecutive p.a.t.'s?? If blocking kicks was something that happened on a regualr basis in a game i would agree with you...but it doesnt. You have a better chance at a f.g. than tossing it into the endzone with who knows how many defenders there waiting to knock the ball down or intercept it.

7. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Wow, you didn't use any names this time around!:) :lol:

8. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

im no garbage man but i think there are some odds involved...:dis::dis::dis:

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You're looking at it from a nervous fan's perspective. I believe that's the 1st extra point miss this year. Odds are we make a FG from somewhere inside the 25. The chances of a tipped ball interception are a lot greater than 3 runs and a crack at a 42 yard (max) FG. Also, there's the possibility of a sack and you end up with nothing. Running to set up a winning FG was absolutely the right thing to do. And, it did work, didn't it?

10. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Jimbo Fisher is probably one of the top 10 offensive coordinators in the country. He has consistently provided LSU fans with victories including a NC. Our offense this year has been dominating in most games. For the first time in school history LSU is undefeated at home for the second straight year. For what it is worth, JF will probably get hired away from as a head coach in the next year or two. Be careful what you wish for - you may get it.