US Politics Some thought for the 4th of July

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Jul 3, 2019.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Well no. The Cabal needs some form of stability.

2. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I saw them harking on this all day yesterday . . . I wonder who they think they “showed” by doing so? A typical knee jerk liberal reaction. How they claim to be a news channel is beyond me.

I was and remain 100% violently opposed to fencing off the Lincoln Memorial, anytime, much less 4 July. And I am just as opposed to casting the military as pawns, and yes, I was disgusted by the static display, on the Mall, during any 4th of July event.

But that shit was news, like it or hate it, and to show massively over already analyzed reruns of a political debate, a year and one half before the elections, is . . Well, just say I was embarrassed for them.​

3. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

So, you liked the part about the “army taking over the airports” during some kluge of the Revolutionary War - War of 1812?

The bar is just too low for Trump!

4. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

mostly likely meant Ports nor airports but whatever. Trump is a gold mine for the media to pickapart but they find the most mundane shit to point out.
    Some of things @Winston1 pointed out about the use of executive privleage are spot on, but that is an indicment of the congress not the president. Afterall they (congress) have abdicated all of their constituational authority and it didnt start with Trump..

COTiger, Bengal B and GiantDuckFan like this.
  5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Ramparts HWR RAMPARTS. I know you’re a squid but you should have better understood his slurred words and put them in context.

6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

[QUOTE="el005639, post: 178168 @Winston1 pointed out about the use of executive privleage are spot on, but that is an indicment of the congress not the president. Afterall they (congress) have abdicated all of their constituational authority and it didnt start with Trump..[/QUOTE]

I agree and noted that congress abdicated its power to a large extent. However beginning with Teddy Roosevelt (R) and Woodrow Wilson (D) a progressive vision of the presidency has gained traction and has been eroding the separation of power and Congress.
    George swill has a new book that covers this well.

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

The Twitter idiots are calling it "8th grade history"

8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

It was, but that’s what it should have been. The event wasn’t a deep dive into history but a celebration.
    Was it a great speech? Not even close....pedestrian at best, BUT it was just right for the event.

shane0911 and mctiger like this.
  9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

[​IMG]

10. kcal

kcal Founding Member

kind of like those 57 states Obama visited....