US Politics Some thought for the 4th of July

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Tomorrow we celebrate the 243rd anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence. July 4, 1776 is one of the seminal dates in world history. A date that put in motion the greatest and most successful political experiment ever. I think we need to remember exactly what was intended and how far off the path we have gone.....both left and right.

This article is an excellent discussion and encapsulates my ideas better than I could ever express. If you think about what Rep Amish says you’ll understand why I loathe Trump almost as much as the leftist democrats. Please think about the ideas and comment rather than react in a partisan knee jerk way.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...h-trump-impeachment-gop-tea-party-republicans

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

3. kcal

kcal Founding Member

not a fan of amash as I believe he’s tied his horse to the impeachment of trump. no matter how you feel about trump you have to look at his (trump) actions through the lens of him knowing all the facts regarding the genesis of all of these investigations. The Democratic Party initiated the weaponization of our intelligence community for the purpose of removing a sitting president.

let that sink in

amash is complicit in this

actually quite amazing that trump has been able to survive as they’ve literally thrown the kitchen sink at him, along with most of the msm

I think it was said best by someone the other day regarding trump. my 401k and portfolio are indebted to him....as long as there’s no nukes being cast about I’m good...I’m not a fan of “grab ‘em by the .ussy” antics but I’ll survive

LSUTiga and COTiger like this.
  4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I guess you didn’t read either article. The first is very important and shows why both parties have failed the promise and intent of the Declaration and Constitution.
    Trump and the congressional Republicans are as bad as the Democrats in stealing power and freedom from us.
    It’s likely too late and we’ll become a South American failed state with opposing kleptocrats trading power. However the ideals, freedom and opportunity derived by following the founding fathers lead is worth fighting for.

5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

You need to see your doctor ASAP about increasing the strength of your meds.

6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

I read them both just didn’t come to the same conclusions as you....you act as if you’re surprised that there is very little difference between d & r’s. Predictably, they do a 180 when the White House changes the place settings, and will do so again, depending on which side favors immigration reform this week.

idealistically wringing your hands isn’t going to change anything except make you feel better

changing the Congress & Senate will

Winston1 likes this.
  7. COTiger

FIFY

8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

@kcal Surprised isn’t the word...disappointed is more like it. Up until 2000 the Republicans at least gave the effort to limit the top down trend in the Federal government. They paid lip service to expecting the state’s to manage themselves and the separation of powers. Today they both look to the president to take care of every little thing. W cracked the door open with his executive orders, Obama rammed through so much he was called to task by the Supreme Court for unconstitutional acts. Trump has laid waste with his use of “emergency powers” and the democrat presidential candidates are straining at the leash to go beyond Trump in the exercise of executative power.
    If you listen both sides are cheering this on hoping they can do more. There is no temperance any more. Inside of 10 years we’ll be living in an effective dictatorship the could be nominally Republican or Democrat but it won’t really matter because the common citizens will be screwed.
    You’re right we need to throw the bums out and elect people who truly represent us. Amish is one of the few who realizes this and whether you agree with his position on impeachment or no he is the only one I hear trying to stop the trend and give us back our control.

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

@Winston1 I will agree that it is likely too late, it was too late decades ago when we first went over the event horizon. The problem is when we had people in congress/senate and or the Presidency that wanted to do anything about it they were laughed out of town. Our collective souls were sold long long ago and it is disingenuous at best to lay this at the feet of Trump.

As for your boy Amash, he is a muslim, what do you think I am going to say about him? The fact that he is a "Republican" means nothing, not a damn thing except that he is smarter than the others because he chose a better path to infiltrate. His problem is he blew his cover far too early.

Bengal B likes this.
  10. COTiger

The Republic has survived for almost 250 years. We have survived world wars, a civil war, and the Cold War. Things are nowhere near as bad as @Winston1 portrays them to be.