Solid game 1 performance

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Sep 3, 2018.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I know a lot of people, including myself, really had no idea on what to expect. I just knew our D would be elite and I think that is the case. I think we whiffed on a number of TFL, but that can be attributed to a slippery QB and just getting adjusted to game time speed and angles.

Our kicking game is on point and will win us at least 1 game this year.

Really not to much went wrong with the D other than that one bad pass play where the CB and both safeties where in a bad position.

Oh, and they need to catch the balls. Could of had like 5 ints.

With regards to Burrow, he commanded the offense with poise we have not seen in a long time. He was cool under pressure, made mostly smart reads (missed a wide open TE in the endzone) and checked out of plays correctly. He needs to work on getting the plays quicker, but nothing to harp on hard yet.

Oline: well, there was a time they seemed to get it together, then kind of fell apart. I think in the second half we just went so conservative Miami knew we were running it. When we did pass in the second half, WR's didnt seem to want to catch the ball.

We have a tuneup game to get it going, but AU's Dline is going to be just as good if not better.

Overall, solid 1st game under our belt and much to be surprised about.

I watched every SEC team this weekend and I can tell you, we are in a good spot. Bama looks insane though.

AU has holes in their Oline and can't runn the ball well at all right now. MSU is another team that has some Oline issues and I expect they get run down as they usually do late in the season.

Brossette was a very nice surprise and all backs seemed to run well when given the chance.

Chase and Jefferson are some good WR's. Jefferson needs to hold on the ball tho.

ParadiseiNC and tirk like this.
  2. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Stidham is going to get feasted on! No way he can elude our nasty ass pass rush and blitz packages the way Rosier did. I was actually quite impressed with how slippery he was. But Stidham is going to be getting crushed!

didit, ParadiseiNC and Bengal B like this.
  3. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

Jacoby Stephens alone helped to give Miami 14 points ...

Case in point:
    1. Jacoby dropped one of those 5 ints you are talking about ... It was 33-3 then ...
    Very next play Rozier scores on a QB draw to make it 33-10 giving the Canes hope

Coach Bush prolly going f-ing Nuts on the sidelines ... At least Coach Bush got to smile seeing we got 1 pick six

2. Jacoby Stephens takes a bad angle after that AWESOME F-ING SACK by Chiasson on a third down and 100 ... giving up a never shudda gave up big play ... Miami scores the next play ... 33-17 final

Not picking on Stephens but you can’t allow that crap because it can lose a close game

Teams will pick on Stephens till he gets it right ... I hope Coach Bush makes him do 1,000 Int drills this week and carry a FB around with him to class

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  4. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

Auburn is going to try to run on us ...

We’re saving Shelvin at NG for Auburn and they won’t run anywhere ...

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  5. LSU_4_LIFE

I know because Gus is an idiot. Auburn ain’t running on us! No way! Their O-Line is young and no match for our front 7. I honestly don’t see how Auburn is going to move the ball on us unless they make some crazy improvements.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Same goes for us. I watched the Washington game and Auburn's defense is good. Absolute must to get better OL play

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  7. LSU_4_LIFE

No doubt. But our kicker is much better and trust me, FG’s are going to be important in that game. I feel like Burrow is more mobile and both QB’s will be under pressure all day.

Bengal B likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It's great to see Tracy's consistency. Game should be an old fashioned rock em sock em SEC defensive battle. We have to take advantage of the opportunities we get and limit theirs. Wouldn't be surprised to see it come down to a last second field goal.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.