So who you got in NC game?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Jan 6, 2023.

1. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I think Georgia will pull it out in the fourth quarter simply because of the huge talent gap, but I'm a firm believer that TCU is not going to go away quietly. TCU is playing with a huge chip on its shoulder and they feed off of being the underdog. The spread is Georgia -12.5 but, if I were a betting man, I would take TCU and the points every time!

Georgia 38, TCU 35

2. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Jawja

3. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

I hope TCU boat races the dogs. Before the SEC Championship game I was pretty ambivalent when it came to Georgia, but after Kirby went for 2 at the end of the game, just to rub it in, I've put him in the same category with the gnome and Jimbo. F*ck 'em!:mad:

shane0911 likes this.
  4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

If I were Georgia I would be concerned. TCU is like that team that fights through the loser’s bracket to come back and win it.

Caged, I don’t think Georgia will cover either. Can’t wait.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2023
  5. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I think one thing many people fail to realize is Sonny Dykes , who started his HC career at La. Tech, is a great coach. He may be in his first year as HC at TCU, but he has a history of success. In the last four years, he's averaging 9.5 wins a season, which is something not very many D1 coaches can claim. If Georgia gets off to a slow start, they may not be able to catch up. TCU is averaging 39 points a game and just hung 51 on Michigan.

TCUTiger and LSUTiga like this.
  6. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

I watched both semi’s again and Georgia played pretty bad against a team Michigan absolutely ran off the field in the last 10 minutes of their game.
    They don’t over turn the Bowers conversion and that game goes the other way. If the kicker tried again I bet his kick does not look the same either.

7. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

That Bowers play was huge for sure and the reality is Ohio State outplayed Georgia throughout the game. I felt horrible for the kicker because he was clearly rattled, but I have to give Smart credit for having a timeout left to "ice" the kicker. I think the key for Georgia is they can't play from behind because the longer you allow TCU to hang around, the greater the chances you're going to lose one day. Georgia escaped against Ohio State, but another poor performance and they may be watching the opposing team celebrating a national championship.

LSUTiga and TCUTiger like this.
  8. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I'd hate to see UGA win.

9. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

Hoping for TCU. Smart is a Saban protege and seems like a jerk to me. Also the 2 point is a classless move and will be remembered.

Not good for LSU if Georgia wins.

Herb likes this.
  10. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

Why is a Georgia win not good for LSU?

Im thinking that we recruit Texas more than Georgia and LSU benefits from being part of the SEC's tradition of producing national championship teams.

msully and BornOnTheBayou like this.