so what happens if

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tenebrism, Sep 13, 2006.

1. tenebrism

tenebrism Founding Member

lsu loses this game? i obviously know people will be downtrodden but will people still think this team is special?

i wasn't on the internet to know what people were saying after florida in 03, but would you guys still think we're capable of a national championship or sec championship?

i know i'll still believe.

:laflagwav:geauxtige:laflagwav

2. khounba

khounba Founding Member

Would i be depressed? Hel yeah. Would I think our chanced were shot? No way. I could easily see Auburn losing a couple in the tough SEC. So the SEC Championship would still be there although much tougher because we could NOT lose another game. But we did it in 03'.

As far as the NC I think this game is early enough for us to climb back up. As much as every telecaster has been dooming us because of our tough schedule we better be in the top two if we are one of 2 or 3 one loss teams in the end.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

LSU has four tough road games against SEC upper-tier opponents and nobody is expecting LSU to get through it undefeated. Opinion in the bayous is that 10-2 will be be a good year for LSU in 2006 and 9-3 will not surprise anybody. If LSU loses Saturday, then this will just be one of the expected losses to a top-5 team on the road.

Auburn, on the other hand, has a fine shot at a National Championship with talent, experience, a top-5 ranking and all of their tough games at home. Expectations are high on the Plains for a repeat of 2004. An Auburn loss this Saturday might really take the starch out of Auburn.

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

My hope would be to try to get to a BCS bowl. SECCG would be a long shot.

5. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

If LSU loses to Auburn, LSU would need to win the rest of its SEC games and hope AU loses two in order for LSU to make it to the SEC Championship game b/c of the tiebreaker. If AU goes only loses one after beating LSU, it would go to the SEC Championship game. Obviously, if LSU beats AU (and we will ! ) the converse would be true. LSU and all other SEC school for that matter only have a shot at the MNC if it wins the SEC Championship.

6. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

red55, you are correct that expectations are high on the Plains, but I know very few AU fans that are expecting an undefeated season .....(if that's what you meant by a "repeat of 2004")

Tiger Walk - '04 LSU
    [​IMG]

7. ramah

ramah Founding Member

If LSU loses this game Saturday, it'll be a disgrace.

STEVE SPURRIER WOULD BEAT BIG EARS TO FUGGIN DEATH WITH THE TALENT, SPEED & STRENGTH LSU HAS.

A SPURRIER-COACHED LSU QUALITY FB TEAM WOULD HANG 40-50 ON EVERY TEAM IN THE SEC THIS YEAR.

LSU FUMBILITIS (A SIGN OF POOR DISCIPLINE & COACHING) CONTINUES.

A GREAT COACH WOULD STOP IT ... ZERO TURNOVERS FOR LSU THIS WEEK.

A GOOD COACH WOULD LIMIT IT ... MAYBE ONE TURNOVER MAX

A CLOWN WOULD LET IT GO ON ... TWO OR THREE TURNOVERS & GAME LOST

Again, If LSU loses this game Saturday, it'll be a disgrace.

NO MORE EXCUSES FOR LESS!!! TIME TO COACH!!!

8. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Spurrier's team looked great in that shutout Saturday. They didn't score any points, but man did they look awesome doing it.

9. BP

BP Founding Member

Ramah, please list all of the 40+ games by LSU against SEC opponents while Saban was coach. I realize that space may not permit the listing of ALL the 40+ games under Saban, so if yuo would simply list the ten games where LSU scored the most points, I would be grateful.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

(purposely not taking Ramah's bait)

In 2003 when a highly regarded Georgia team lost their 3rd game of the season, all of the "experts" continued to proclaim them the better team. Therefore, in the event of an LSU loss, that will be my position.:thumb: