So, what are you investing in these days?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by fanatic, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

No, but I'm a mortgage banker for a Fortune 500 company....and I can tell you that I'm strongly considering jumping off of the Crescent City Connection.

Body of man who jumped off Crescent City Connection is recovered | NOLA.com

2. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Why is that? Does your job get stressful when the market goes to ****, or do your investments get you down.

On another note, if I was going to kill myself, I think I would do something other than jumping off a bridge. Although, you gotta feel pretty good it will get the job done. If the impact doesn't kill you, it will at least knock you out and then you drown.

3. Cajun Sensation

Yes, my job has gotten very stressful since the housing market became depressed. I won't bore you with the details, but I used to be a 6 figga nigga and now let's just say that I'm not.

Preeshate you bringing all of these suppressed feelings to the surface....I'm going to go jump off that bridge now....

4. mobius481

My buddy owns a little mortgage business and he seems to be doing pretty well. I understand the housing market being down but thank god you at least have low interest rates. High interest rates coupled with the housing markets scare the hell out of him.

Look, if you've decided to jump then I can't talk you out of it. Please just don't do it on a weekend I am in town. I don't want to deal with the traffic. :thumb:

5. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Sounds like you won't be needing your house anymore. I'm in the market in your area. Wanna make me a deal?

6. Cajun Sensation

Sold my camp and my house during the divorce.

I rent now and I couldn't be happier.

7. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

dang

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

The older I get the more I believe the less you have, the better. At one time we had several hundred acres and realized we did not own it; rather, it owned us. We sold the land, cattle, equipment and never missed it.

The more you make the more you spend and if you're not happy with what you have, more probably won't make you happier (assuming essential needs are met).

Your wife though, she was hawt! :D

1 person likes this.
  9. mobius481

I'm kinda getting that way too. My friends are starting to upgrade their houses and I've just decided that I don't need the headache and stress of a bigger mortgage even though I make a little more now. My goal is for my lifestyle to be able to be funded by passive income. No stressing about bills. I don't need that crap.

10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

For people who really watch what the government is doing it's discouraging TO want/have more. In the end, we'll all get the same.

I had two grandmothers who died from long term health problems. One had it paid for by tax payers, the other did too BUT she had to use up her money first. Lucky we'd put the bulk of "her money" in a trust. :lol:

And back then "money" had to be in a trust for 3 years for the government not to get their hands on it in that situation. It's since changed to 5 years.