So the D

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Sep 19, 2015.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

“I don't remember it. I was just trying to make a play on the ball, but I just got a little high with my helmet, I guess,” said Jones, LSU’s leading tackler against Auburn. “The ref made a great call, and you can’t argue with those guys doing their job. I just have to learn from the mistake.”

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Great to see our guys taking responsibility, being men and not a lot of jive and finger pointing. Gives me great hope for the future of this team

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Adams was out of position once, but his interception and almost interception made up for that. He is probably the 2nd best Safety I have see at LSU.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  4. shane0911

Who would be #1? And let's re-evaluate after next year

5. LSUMASTERMIND

Eric Reid

ParadiseiNC, Bengal B and Winston1 like this.
  6. shane0911

Thats what I thought you would say. Lets give him another year and see if you still feel the same way.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  7. LSUMASTERMIND

He is just about even at this point as far as talent.

8. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

My $0.02

Auburn (whether good or bad) is a very tricky offense to prepare for. You pay when you get caught out of position more often than not (we saw that Saturday). Best way to prepare for them and most teams that consistently run the run/pass option offense is to play assignment football. That's what we saw against State and Auburn. We have the talent to do that against non-dominant teams.

As others have mentioned, Steele is not trying to fix what isn't broken. I think he will slowly start inserting a more robust package that will try and confuse opponents with more scheme as the season moves along and the players continue to develop and improve.

I'll admit, LSU is pretty vanilla so far. But in all honesty, when you have the brute talent to just line up and dominate the opposition with pure talent, why not? I agree we will need to start adding more wrinkles on both sides of the ball and add to our arsenal as the season moves along to win a ship, but when you can dominate at the point of attack like LSU does roll with it. Nobody will stomp on us this year, NOBODY! I can see us losing a close one, but that's about it. And that's where those wrinkles will need to be added, to win the close ones and to over come mistakes.

We have a very good football team this year, and they seem to be coming together very nicely.

If I had to bitch, Id say WR's cant drop balls, LB's cant miss open field tackles and our QB cant over throw TD passes. But I don't want to bitch.

tigermark likes this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

During the Moo U game they were already saying Kevin Tolliver was better than Patrick Peterson at this point in his career. Let's wait a few games before we anoint him the next Superman. But LF7 really might be Superman
    Has anybody ever seen the two of them together?

Geezer Squid likes this.
  10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

That definitely shows maturity and is what you like to hear from your players. Much respect for a guy that makes a statement like that. Sounds like someone that's a team leader in the locker room.

LSUMASTERMIND likes this.