Republicans So now that the Republicans were VOTED in control of congress

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Nov 6, 2014.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

2. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Republicans have the floor now. I think if they play the next two years right, it could get better for them. They have to ignore the Democrats in Congress and take the conversation straight to Obama. I think they have to push their more moderate positions first and build people's trust. Tackle immigration reform. Put forth a budget and don't shut down the govt again. If they are going to go after Obamacare, have alternate ideas. They just can't go back to the way things were.

They will freak the shit out of people if they go straight for the jugular and write an antiabortion bill or something.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

this isnt a referendum, lowest voter turnout since 1972, tells me people dont give a shit about either side and republicans did a better job of turnout and disenfranchisement.

HalloweenRun and Tiger in NC like this.
  4. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

just saying, the podium and direction is theirs now. They can use it for good or quickly lose the momentum.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Actually I think the Democratic party did the better job getting the Republican vote out- at whatever percentage it was. In fact I know it.

As to what will happen, I'm not sure much will; however, I'm taking MUCH comfort in knowing the things that WILL NOT happen since Republicans can stop the bleeding.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

govt shutdown had zero effect on the election however.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

They aren't going to govern a fucking thing and will end up putting another democrat in the White House. They will try and fail for the next 2 years to repeal obamacare, and that's all they will do, probably try to cut taxes for the uber wealthy some more as well.

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I have no problem saying I pretty much despise McConnell and Boehner. I don't know that I would like Cruz any better. I do have some hope that they will begin with anything that is common ground so they can move forward. The President sure set a crappy tone with his speech yesterday. For him to say he will veto what he dislikes and will force through what they won't pass guarantees that nothing will get done.

Immigration will probably be the first and biggest fight.

gyver and shane0911 like this.
  9. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

what bleeding, unemployment under 6%, record highs on the stock market, gdp growth in the last 4 quarters. What bleeding exactly? lowest dependence on foreign oil?
    Im confused

10. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Nothing will change. Total log jam. That's what 24 hour news cycles and social media do to politics. No one can move an inch off of their position without being crucified.

Tiger in NC and Bengal B like this.