So Lizzy Cheney gonna run as Liberal President?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Perple, Aug 16, 2022.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I find it interesting you didnt mention a single policy.

2. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Are your morals subjective? I'm guessing they are not. Mine aren't either. Even if I go to the Middle East I am not going to throw a gay person off of a building because it goes against my morals and has nothing to do with the setting I am in. And if someone from the Middle East comes here to the good ole US and they throw a gay person from a building they are going to go to prison for murder. Let's not confuse some people's lack of morals for them being subjective morally. Murder is murder. Do you believe in God? If so, how do you think God see's it?

BornOnTheBayou and Winston1 like this.
  3. Tiger in NC

I didn't like his tax policy...he gave corporate America the largest tax cut in history and actually raised taxes on middle class Americans.
    https://www.brookings.edu/blog/up-f...-needs-a-tax-cut-trump-didnt-give-it-to-them/

I didn't like his SC nominees who lied and said that they believed Roe v Wade was settle precedent and then changed course to over rule it. This is proving to be a loser politically for Republicans because a majority of Americans favor some access to abortion.

I didn't like his foreign policy of removing the US from long standing international agreements and cozying up to regimes with authoritarian rulers like Russia, North Korea, Hungary and Turkey. I didn't like it when he cowered to Putin in Helsinki. For all his tough talk he really isn't.

I agreed with his tougher stance on China but disagreed with his means of achieving our goals with China and made goods more expensive for American consumers.

I disagreed with his economic policy. He promised 4-6% growth and what we got instead was 2.3% in 2017, 2.9% in 2018, 2.3 in 2019 and -3.4% in 2020. 2020 wasn't his fault because of the Pandemic that was all a hoax. So his economic policies didn't ever come close to achieving his promises yet you guys act like it was the best economy since the 50's....

rockwallfan likes this.
  4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I hate to break it to you, this article is based on the "authors calculations" and it was before the tax laws even went into effect......

It was settled at the time. New arguments were made.

For example, owning slaves was once cool. Then, you know, that changed. Imagine if everyone had to stick to their original thoughts!

Can you reference the "cozy" policies? All I remember are no new wars.

This is a hyperbole. No one made such claims.

5. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

I find it interesting you didn’t mention if this was an intentional deflection or if you’re as stupid as I think you are? Because I answered the question.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Interesting. I never said you "didnt" answer the question. It was what people who use the English language call, an observation.

shane0911 and Perple like this.
  7. Tiger in NC

https://www.brookings.edu/research/searching-for-supply-side-effects-of-the-tax-cuts-and-jobs-act/

Ok here is one from 2021 and about all the law did was decreased revenue to the government and raise the national deficit and debt, a subject that is oddly never discussed here anymore. The law didn't create more business investment and didn't come close to meeting the Laffer curve, long considered the Supply side standard for conservative policy making which essentially says that whatever revenue is lost will be made up by the surge in business investment and heightened GDP. By any metric other than corporations getting massive tax breaks this law was a lie and a flop.

No they weren't.

yep, let's start with his adversarial relationship with the members of NATO after Putin's efforts to undermine it for years.

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

By asking them to pay more for defense? By giving Ukraine advanced weapons? By telling Germany not to be reliant on Russian gas? By signing agreements with Poland?

All seems like anti Russian to me…

Perple and shane0911 like this.
  9. Tiger in NC

are you saying that Trump was pro-NATO?

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

He was Pro NATO paying more, who could disagree with that instead of us taking the brunt of the bill?

We still do but less than before. That is a good thing.

LSUpride123 likes this.