So, I have -11 reputation points...

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Nov 16, 2004.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Rex..... When you first came to this forum, ALL you did was copy and paste articles and website information from elsewhere. When people first responded to your articles you told them you refused to debate or discuss them with anyone here.

Crawfish did similar things for a while BUT he does at least post some of his own thoughts on occasion. Not only that, he participates in the parts of the forum everyone here enjoys - LSU sports talk!

Your sole contribution (aside from the 12 bucks) was to come onto this forum and paste articles. You would avoid any and all dicussion. Because of that, I am sure I more than contributed to your -11 points. I do recall a couple of occasions where you did make nice rational posts where I gave your positive points as well.

All in all, you came/come across as someone who was only trying to stir the pot and cause trouble instead of being someone participating in discussions.

2. Rex

Rex Founding Member

I asked you to point to anything...

I cut and pasted. Do it. Click on my name, look at my posts. Where are the cuts and pastes?

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Actually, I'm a Democrat.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Rex and Crawfish get hammered here because they are rude, not because of their politics. And believe me there are many, many rude posters on the right, too.

I haven't been shy about my politics, which are all over the board, and I have gotten only one negative because of a political post (from Ishltishl or whatever his unpronouncible name is).

5. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

You should have gotten negative rep points for this. I can't believe you actually wrote an algorithm in Basic in 2004. :D :D

I've given you both negative and positive rep points on multiple occasions. Usually the negative were because of how you said something and not what you said.

Even though I disagree with 99.9% of what you have to say I still like to read your posts.

6. ExoticGlass1

ExoticGlass1 Founding Member

i would hope that members wouldn't leave negative points just because of someone's political views. i've made my option known here and haven't gotten negative points because of it so i think thats its not just the political view. i've also noticed that some members carry their political differences to other forums, i think the reason we have this particular forum is to discuss just that. when a member post something in "the tigers den" the political differences should stay in this forum and we should discuss that topic as tiger fans.

7. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

Who gives a rat's ass? This is an internet message board. I get most of neg points from JRSracing(the tirk wanna be with his pics) or whatever his name is.

Sorry I don't type out paragraph after paragraph like Red and gradin99 trying to kiss everyone's ass......(mainly gradin99)

If any of you don't like me because of my views on our president you can all kiss my red shiny hard shell of an ass......

btw, i'm trying my best to support "W" this go around.

Red, istltl has a hard-on for my posts as well. I hurt his feelings on his little Astro's thread. Grow a pair buddy!!!!!!!!!
    :D

8. Rex

Rex Founding Member

red55,

To whom have I been rude? I refuse to get down into the namecalling gutter with certain posters here, and that makes me rude?

Point out a "rude" post of mine... I'll then show you it came nowhere close in language or attitude to the post aimed at me that prompted it.

9. Rex

Rex Founding Member

lsugrad00,

I code in C++, php, some Java, Visual Foxpro, and certain IRC scripting languages. I presented a very simple algorithm that I thought anybody would understand, and from which I could make explanatory points with line number references.

10. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

You must be putting off some f**ked up pheromone because you sure are collecting the internet stalkers. :shock: :shock: :grin: :grin: