So far, Miles has proven himself to be HOF coach

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Oct 13, 2006.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

So far Miles has lost only 4 games in 2 years. Miles did not give up coaching after the hurricane and did not let the players quit playing. In fact we only lost to a 6 loss, unranked Tennessee and #10 Georgia. In every other game last season we had some impressive stats - more points on the scoreboard in every game, including a blowout of #17 Miami Florida. We also shut out eventual 1AA national champion Appalachian St 24-0. We also beat #8 Alabama, #12 Florida, #14 Auburn, and #38 Arizona St by an average of 3.5 points. You have to agree, that is better than losing. The SEC may have been down last year, but we still ended up the highest ranked SEC team after Georgia suffered a letdown after winning the game of their season, the SEC championship against LSU.

In his second season, Miles has had to travel to some tough venues and has unfortunately lost 1/3 of his games. Still, in our wins LSU is averaging 46.75 points and we have the #1 defense in the nation. When Miles gets this team to perform like that against a ranked opponent he will have proven that LSU deserves its #14 ranking (possibly even higher). There is still a chance to make the conference championship despite losing two SEC games so far, a tribute to Miles' ability to put this team in the position to possibly play for a championship 6 games into the season. Hopefully Nutt will implode and Auburn will lose at least 1 more game. It is even possible that we could win the rest of our games this season. That is not something we could say about Nick Saban in 2004. In fact, I don't think Saban will ever win another game at LSU, and I bet Miles will. Who's the better coach?

I'm tired of all the bitchin' about bitchin'. Hopefully this will set the record straight and make all of you who are bitchin' realize that those that are bitchin' about bitchin' make a point. If Miles were the coach at another SEC West school we'd all realize that it is possible to lose to the guy. You might not fear him and you might think that if your team has talent history shows that his team probably won't be able to dominate you. You might even think that when he speaks he is a guy that just plain doesn't speak well. But I think you'd also think, "You know, if we play this guy, our team could possibly lose." I think the best way to judge Miles is to imagine what you'd think if he were the coach at another SEC West school. Keep that in mind next time you post.

2. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Not for nothin', but I can't make sense of this post.

What do you mean by HOF? Please tell me it's not what I think it is.

I feel like I'm reading an article at The Onion.

3. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

I've got no clue what HOF means. Maybe Brett can make a :) :nope: :po: :eek: :rofl: thing for HOF for those of us who don't speak internet.

4. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

The only way Les Miles sniffs the HOF is if he buys a ticket........

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

HOF is open to interpretation. This post is a shout out to all those who are tired of everybody complaining about Les Miles and comparing him to Nick Saban.

Miles might very well end up being a HOF coach, but I don't think he's proven that he belongs there yet. I'm upset we didn't play better against Florida. I live in the sunshine state and all I hoped for was a well played game. I can wear my LSU stuff around to support my team, but I can't be proud of the performance we gave. It is time to get pissed off. It was time to get pissed off after we lost the Auburn game, but instead we bumbled our way through a very important game in the 2006 season, especially after the first loss. Let's turn it around coach.

[EDIT]: I got a red for "supporting" Miles. Ironic.

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Stats are deceiving. This might look good to people who don't really know what's going on but when you see 13 points in two conference games you can't tell me anyone is going to brag about our offense. And if the response to this is that they were two top ten teams then why was Tenn. able to but up 20 on Florida and South Carolina scored 17 on Auburn.
    Hell, Alabama has no offense and scored 13 on Florida (in the swamp). And if when we have to start getting excited about
    ........ please.

7. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Ohh.. Hall of Fame...

Yeh that prospect was so outlandish and absurd "Hall of Fame" never even crossed my mind.

8. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Hall of Failure next to Dinardo if things keep going down? Sure.

9. Thundercat99

Thundercat99 Founding Member

Look, if ya can't beat AU with that defense, and ya can't beat Fla's gimmicky high school offense with that defense you are surely headed to the hall of failure.:eek: :eek:

10. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

well actually, if you count MSSt they have scored more than 13 in conference games. Well, Moo U doesnt count though. They have proven ZERO this year! Beating up on Tulane, ULL, Zona and State is all fine and dandy. But, when they have played the big boys, they have choked. People can say that they were on the road and those are tough. Elite teams win those road games. Elite teams score more than one TD in those games combined. LSU is far from elite this year. JR puts up great Heisman numbers against Hoboken State A&M but has done nothing this year vs the two big dawgs. 1 TD and 3 Picks in those games. A good bulk of his yards against Auburn came in the last drive when Auburn was preventing. Some will say the defense was so good at Florida. Didnt Florida sit on it for about a quarter and a half???