So apparently the band got mistreated by their

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by prplhze2000, Nov 18, 2007.

1. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

typical, they're still bitter from 61 or 57 or something before intergration...... yes its that bad ..shakes head. :rolleye33:

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Something else pretty pathetic happened before the game. They have a tall guy with an afro that stands in front of the student section down on the field behind the end zone. He has a mic that is connected to some speakers in that area. During the national anthem, he said Go to hell LSU. Talk about disrespect!

All in all, typical Ole Piss.

3. Carface

Carface What the...?

You could actually hear that a-clown?

4. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

You didn't know? Gradin is a closet Ole Miss student :hihi:

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Kal is truly one of the worst places to play in the Pac. A few year's back their students threw frozen fruit at our band. They hit a female band member in the head, knocked her out, minor concussion. A few weeks back when we played up there, they also booed the ROTC cadets who carried the Flag for the National Anthem.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

In the 70's, the Tennessee band did their halftime show in Tiger Stadium and then very stupidly marched off the field playing Rocky Top, double forte, right into the corner of the stadium where the LSU students sat. It was an intentional taunting since the visitors sit at the diagonally opposite part of the stadium.

Drinking age was 18 at the time and security checks were cursory to non-existant. Well, . . . it rained whisky bottles on those poor bastards. Several bandsmen were injured and many instruments were damaged. Tennessee swore that they would never bring a band to Tiger Stadium again, but they actually did in the 1990's. Meanwhile LSU now forbids any opponent's band from marching in the north end zone.

It is unwise for Tiger Band, or any band on the road, to go within range of the home students.

7. clair

clair Rockets

I agree with Red.

and as far as the black guy who was jumping up and down... He had a mic. Was he like a radio reporter or something? if so, that's even more embarrassing.

8. StadiumSalute

StadiumSalute It's Gameday!

I agree, but this can all be brought back to the section of the stadium the band was allotted. They were up near the student end zone, instead of the LSU end zone. Naturally, Ole Miss intentionally put them away from the LSU fans. The band was forced to walk in front of the student end zone unless they wanted to walk all the way around the field.

9. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Before the game we could hear him. During the national anthem, we barely could hear the Ole Miss band. When he said that, it was loud and clear in the silent stadium.

10. clair

clair Rockets

I seem to recall thousands of LSU fans sitting above the band, myself, carface and mak included.

they were put wiht the students.