So, 47 picks down no Tigers

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

To be honest, throughout that thread I thought they were joking- as I surely was. Lately though, I'm not certain they're not that foolish. I've recently decided to err on the side of caution and stay the eff out of that thread. Initially shane said to stay out of game threads then pulled a bait &a switch on me before I realized it and didn't want me in that one either.

I'll say it here, earlier this week I called the next 4 games and we beat the brakes off the Pokes and about to tune up Bama!!

2. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

Nice deflection. No one but THE TEAM has control over how well they do. Period.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You and tiga are the kind of people who would talk about a perfect game with 2 out in the 9th.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

and they still don't get it

Bengal B and lsu-i-like like this.
  5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

STAHP

shane0911 likes this.
  6. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

No, you are the one is doesn't seem to get it and who is being a might hypocritical. But whatever. Its your conscious, not mine

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Oh ye of no faith. There is absolute proof that fans can affect the outcome of games. Thr Vegas oddsmakers, who know far more about these things than anybody in almost all cases give weight to the home team. Why is that? Because the fans presence and generall raucousness pump up the home team and intimidate both the opponent and the officials. Haven't you ever noticed that basketball teams on the road get a lot more fouls called on them than the home team? Or that the strike zone is just a little wider, higher and lower for the home pitchers? More holding calls against the road team. If that Patrick Peterson interception had happened any othe place than Tuscaloosa it would have changed the outcome of the game.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The Red Sox sold Babe Ruth to the Yankees in 1918 and didn't win another World Series for 86 years. On the verge of winning in 1986 Bill Buckner booted an easy ground ball to let the Mets tie the series and go on to win it the next game.

The Cubs had last won a World Series in 1908. In 1945 they were in the series when Cubs fan and owner of The Billy Goat Tavern William Sianis brought his pet goat to a game, thus placing a curse on the Cubs until 2016. In 2003 The Cubs lost the NLCS because lifelong Cubs fan Steve Bartman interfered with a catchable foul ball that let the Marlins beat them.

Coincidences? I think not.

shane0911 likes this.
  9. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

You seriously think the "noise" we make here on TF amounts to 2 fucks?

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Tigers down 4-0 tp the worst team in the SEC. See what you have done?

lsu-i-like likes this.