Snowballs

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Lag's Snowballs, May 25, 2010.

1. Lag's Snowballs

Lag's Snowballs Freshman

I'll definately have to try the wedding cake creme flavored. Bacon...not so much, lol. Steve is that your son in that pot, what a cute kid!

2. Lag's Snowballs

Lag's Snowballs Freshman

Also, for those of you who are on facebook, find us on there for reviews, other specials, pictures, etc.

Lag's Snowballs

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

So, how bout dem tigahs?

4. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

Lag - I need to find someone from south Louisiana to ship a bottle of Spearmint to north Louisiana. For some strange reason no one up here seems to have any.

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

That is just wrong...:dis:

6. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Unfortunately, That is not my son. It's a cute picture that some other cook had the creativity to stage. I had no avatar or sig picture for my first year and had a kind of contest to get one. Cajun Sensation supplied the "chopped fingers" photo and I chose the cute crawfish kid pic to leave a better image in peoples minds after they read one of my posts.

I know nothing about snowball flavors, but I think the most accurate flavor is peach...it really tastes like a fresh peach. other flavors like mango are more remotely reminiscent of the real thing. If I had a snowball business, I would look into augmenting the remotely accurate flavors with fresh fruit pulp that you can pour on top separately. I would get a food processor and make fresh fruit paste that could be made pourable by adding simple syrup or water to it. Maybe you can get the fruit paste from daiquiri suppliers instead of snowball suppliers. The culinary term for this is "compote". People would probably be willing to pay extra for the added value.

Problems with using fresh (or frozen) fruits for extra seasoning could be a short shelf life. You may have the potential for waste inflating your food costs. But even if it's successful, but not as profitable, it could be a great marketing device. I could see parents taking kids from greater distances away to get their "Fresh Fruit Compote" snowballs...while their kids got the usual snowball.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Only if I put ketchup on it :rolleye33::eek:

8. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Did someone say BACON!?!?

[​IMG]

9. Lag's Snowballs

Lag's Snowballs Freshman

Yeah, I can do that for sure..no problem. I'll need to get some shipping info from you. Also, you want the concentrate or you want it premixed?

10. Lag's Snowballs

Lag's Snowballs Freshman

steve, I love it! You might be on to something here. I may have to check into this further.