Simpler???

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Don Castavez, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Word now is Canada is going to simplify offense due to problems on o line. So after four games we're running Elmer 2.0? He didn't know the offensive line sucked in August? Please don't tell me 'not his fault ,injuries.' That will only make me ask for Moffit's head on a spike -- again.
    This program needs a young qb guru who can develop passers, not someone who simply plays the offensive version of Three Card Monte.

LSU_4_LIFE and shane0911 like this.
  2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I'm concerned until they prove otherwise.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Honestly LSU has looked far better in the 2 minute drill this season than at any other time. When they play tempo no huddle and Danny is getting rid of the ball quickly, LSU is at their best.

4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Canada's offense will be fine. His 1st year finding out what our guys can do in a real game. He has produced everywhere he has been same will happen here. Tough job for him with Guice hurt extremely thin and injured OL and young recievers. He has already called for deep passes that is working something clueless hardly did. He knows recievers like Chark, Sullivan and Davis can usually win the 1 on 1 battles on a deep throw.

He wont satisfy you fast food guys who expect instant gratification but I am happy I know this will take a season to show results.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Problem with going full time up tempo is that it keeps the defense on the field for too much of the game.

kcal and lsu-i-like like this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The deep passes work against the likes of Chattanooga and Syracuse but when the grind of the SEC starts Chark and company will get tighter coverage by futures NFL D backs. We need to get a short to intermediate passing game going to set up the runs and move the chains.

7. LaSalleAve

If your scoring in a minute yes, but fuck it you scored.

LSU_4_LIFE and LSUpride123 like this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It would be perfect if we could score every 2 or 3 minutes and Aranda's D could hold the other teams to 3 and outs.

9. LaSalleAve

If you play tempo and get some scores and stops while your D is fresh you can force the other team to become 1 dimensional which would help the young D.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Score fast early and then bleed the clock w a comfortable lead. That's murder IMO.