Signing day

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by shane0911, Feb 4, 2019.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

that was maybe true years ago not so much now
    The transfer portal has changed that for good if it ever existed, hell, les used to sell the early out to the nfl more than he did LSU.

Alabama and Clemson have had more players drafted than LSU lately. exposure? everyone is on tv but everyone isn’t on Clemson or bama. it’s a business decision based on rings. chasing championships, to be called a champion, etc....it’s cyclical but Saban ( and Belichick for that matter) doesn’t look to be slowing down

it’hadn’t helped that our dl / recruiting coordinator/savant / hc continues to miss on the best dl talent out there (meatball?) while bama signed 8 of the top 300 this cycle

not so much a knock on ed as a acknowledgment of 6 nc rings although it stings to miss on the 3 we missed this cycle. again not sure meatball is the answer, either recruiting or teaching. we’ve taken some on projection and now the hard work of turning 3 stars into all-stars begins....that’s where ed will ultimately succeed or fail

ed’s bet the house on 2020 dline recruiting. hope he’s right and can load up

COTiger likes this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Link what? I don't have access to Nick's check register. It's no secret they can scratch the bigger check.

el005639 likes this.
  3. shane0911

Too bad he is all in on a flush draw. It really sucks waiting to see what that river card will be but bitching won't change it.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Well all I can say is Rashard Lawrence, Tyler Shelvin, Brenden Feheko and Ed Alexander were or currently on our DL and were all 5 or 4 stars wanted and offered scholarships by Bama. We have also out recruited Bama at DB.

5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

And how has all of this recruiting success paid off on the field against Bama in the last 15 years?

6. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Read em and weep. https://n.rivals.com/state_rankings/2020/louisiana

Already locked down two of the top 4 in state. And 3 4* DL from Louisiana alone.

7. didit

didit Veteran Member

furduknfish, lsu-i-like and shane0911 like this.
  8. shane0911

That is great, they all start this way and that is the problem. I hope he gets them to sign, really I do. Just not counting on it.

9. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

If I’m being honest, I hate that we lost Sopsher. I don’t know if it was O’s fault or not, but I do hate it. However, I do think O has done a great job of locking down the state in general. Even Alabama didn’t get their top two in state athletes. Top talent will always leave the state some percentage of the time, and it’s been that way for as long as I’ve followed recruiting.

didit, Brian and shane0911 like this.
  10. shane0911

I don't think it was Os fault at all. I think it's a case of who "they" are and that little bastard that won't die.

I will add in a severe lack of pride from our "in state talent". Until one or a few of these superstars decide to nut up and make the home team better it will be tough to beat them.

Somehow, some way we need to knock them down a peg or two

tzanghi, Brian and el005639 like this.