Should LSU Have Gone For Two?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Robidoux87, Sep 6, 2022.

?

Should LSU Have Gone For Two?

1. YES

19 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. NO

19 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

First off, I have already posted that I would have gone for two. But don't get too worked up over this quote from BK. As always, there are the things coaches, business leaders and politicians feed the press just to move on. I don't really want BK to share his most strategic thoughts with the media. Plus this quote was just part of what he said. He also claimed to believe that LSU would have beaten FSU in OT because of the momentum we had. While I disagree on this last point, I still don't believe that he is a moron. We have had coaches who didn't seem very smart. BK doesn't seem that way to me so far. But it comes down to what progress we see him rebuilding this team. Long way to go.

tigermark likes this.
  2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Kinda in the same boat, I’m optimistic about the southern game. A bad showing tomorrow will hurt my confidence that this was a good hire. But maybe our locker room is just terrible.

LSU_4_LIFE and shane0911 like this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Yeah he's had time, we are like that bus that ran through the guardrail and teetering on the edge of falling into the abyss. This could get really ugly really fast

4. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Give the guy a chance. Has he even been on campus for six months? I think you kick it and go into OT. We had all the momentum and the team fought too hard to catch up and deserved a shot at winning the game in OT.

TBTrumpet and Winston1 like this.
  5. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

Guys Kelly inherited a dumpster fire and i dont care if he is God this team has flaws.

Talent is not at sec level lets be honest.
    It is hard to admit but QB, Offensive Line, Linebacker, DB and RB is subpar and glaring.

Daniels looks to run first in every situation. He will eventually get hurt and our back up is simply not ready.

I predicted 8-4 but i am adjusting my expectation to 6-6 and thats being hopefulll.

It wont depend on Coaching but 2 to 3 really good recruiting classes to get us back in the hunt.

This is hard to admit as we want our tigers to win now and patience is a virtue many including myself dont have,

I will bleed purple and gold but am preparing for a year or two of frustration

6. HoopHound

HoopHound Veteran Member

Im a go for the win kinda guy.

shane0911, Robidoux87 and Richdog like this.
  7. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Yesterday, the NY Giants head coach - also in his first game with the team - went for the win with a late 2PT when he could have just tried to tie it.

Do football players like this kind of boldness from their coach? See for yourself:

https://twitter.com/SNYGiants/status/1569157777787965440

Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
    shane0911 likes this.
  8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

That's the point right! Hell whenever teams are in that position against us I never want them to go for 2.

Robidoux87 likes this.
  9. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

A great point. The entire FSU team was probably relieved when Kelly held up his little index finger and the kicking team trotted out.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
    shane0911 likes this.
  10. Rex

Rex Founding Member

No. The momentum was on LSU's side. Overtime favored the Tigers.