Should Larry Nassar be put to death?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Jan 20, 2018.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

[​IMG]

BAY0U BENGAL and Winston1 like this.
  2. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Sorry, my point was not clear. My point addressed the large, make that huge, number of victims, not that he needed more things to make him a scumbag.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Put him in a cell with Jerry Sandusky.

4. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Let them get something straight between them!

Bengal B likes this.
  5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

"Following days of testimony from more than 160 of his victims, Nassar stood before the court in a dark blue jailhouse jumpsuit and addressed the dozens of women in the Michigan courtroom.

"Your words have had a significant emotional effect to myself and shaken me to my core. ... an acceptable apology to all of you is impossible to write or say," he said. "I will carry your words with me for the rest of my days."

Judge Rosemarie Aquilina responded by reading aloud portions of a letter Nassar wrote her after his guilty plea, saying that his victims had "fabricated" allegations to gain money and fame. He said his actions were medical, not sexual, in nature.

"This letter tells me you still do not own what you did," Aquilina said. "I wouldn't send my dogs to you, sir."

175, bitch. Enjoy the anal you're about to get.....or the shiv.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

"Coach John Geddert a longtime friend of Nassar's, was suspended by USA Gymnastics earlier this week.

Lindsey Lemke, who trained under Geddert before joining the team at Michigan State, said Geddert should follow Nassar to prison.

"He was abusive," Lemke said of the coach who led the 2012 U.S. Olympic women's team. "He deserves to be in jail with Larry."

In a news conference in Lansing, Mich., Lemke detailed the relationship between Nassar — the sexual predator — and Geddert — who many of Nassar's victims have said used physical abuse to motivate. They suggested Geddert's alleged physical abuse pushed them to Nassar for treatment.

According to ESPN, first to report this story, Geddert has been investigated for physical assault on two occasions.

During Nassar's sentencing, some women said after Geddert allegedly abused them during training, Nassar would swoop in to provide treatment and build trust.

"(Geddert's) abuse was your fuel," Bailey Lorencen said to Nassar. "You used his abuse to mask your own pathetic pleasure."

she broke a bone in her back, but said Geddert picked her off the floor and made her continue practicing. Lorencen said a doctor later told her it was "a miracle" she wasn't paralyzed.

Makayla Thrush, a former Twistars gymnast, said her budding career was ended at the hands of Geddert, who she said pushed her so hard into a training apparatus, she suffered torn stomach muscles.

"You told me to kill myself not just once, but many other times," Thrush said. "After you ended my career, I tried."

I hope he goes to jail too.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

All this should serve as a warning that parents with little girls who want to get into gymnastics. If I had a little girl I would almost rather send her to tiga to play softball.:eek:

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Related topic: In a case like this, i.e.; scumbag gets life sentence and can be pretty sure the prison population will make the sentence short and unpleasant, should the scumbag have the right to ask for a death sentence instead? And if they have that right already, should they be able to invoke it later?...."Your honor, I've been in here a month and have been gang-raped every night. The needle has to be better than this." And discuss:

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They already have the option of committing suicide.

el005639 likes this.
  10. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

The antideath penalty folks already use this argument. But to answer your question, a sentence should not be able to be made more severe without new charges and a trial.