Should Jarrett Lee be given a chance to start at Quarterback?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TF Staff, Oct 11, 2009.

?

Should Jarrett Lee be given a chance to start at Quarterback?

1. Yes

69 vote(s)
    33.0%
  2. No

37 vote(s)
    17.7%
  3. Start or not, he should be given playing time.

103 vote(s)
    49.3%
  1. LSU_TheChamp

LSU_TheChamp Founding Member

---------------------------------------
    My only issue with putting in Lee is what if he starts throwing those pick 6's again. Then what?
    ---------------------------------------

That's a big IF right there, my friend. I stopped reading after that. JL this year is different from last year and I believe so. Why ain't you give him a chance? JJ is too scared to throw the ball out there, he's destroying the confidence of the whole team. It's time to sit him down and let him watch what's going on.

:geaux:

2. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

Put Jefferson back in?

1 person likes this.
  3. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

Agree. The best hope or option at this point is JL. I am not concerned about pic sixes at this point as what has the team got to lose? The one concern I do have is that the O-line HAS to perform well enough to allow Lee to enhance the passing game which at this junction seems to be going downhill for some reason...........I feel bad for the receivers.

1 person likes this.
  4. SonnyLoco

SonnyLoco Founding Member

We don't need another QB change. We need an offensive scheme that helps our players use their abilities in the best way.

Last year we were all asking should JJ be getting some PT because Lee was stinking it up....now the vice versa.

Be prepared with a gameplan that uses your QB's talents in the best way and we don't have these debates. The offensive scheme is the problem, and any QB we put in will fail until that is changed.

5. SonnyLoco

SonnyLoco Founding Member

Look at it this way...If JL would have played like he did last year. He would have thrown 1 pick six per TD. That would have won us the FL game. :thumb:

I still think the problem is the offensive scheme. JMHO

1 person likes this.
  6. tigerbaitabq

tigerbaitabq Founding Member

If Lee can launch 2 or 3 forty yard TD passes to our blue chip WR's the improved D can compensate for an occasional pick 6.

1 person likes this.
  7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I don't think it matters who the QB is if they continue with this ultra conservative approach and fail to even attempt to throw it down field. Same approach will equal same results. You'd be surprised how easier it is to run the ball without 8-9 people in the box.

8. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

We can't throw down field because Jefferson will not step up in the pocket and he's incapable of hitting a receiver in stride.

9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Talk about a self-fulfilling prophecy. Our offense is currently being run by Jefferson. Maybe if Lee were playing, we would be scoring enough to spot the other team 6 points.

10. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

This^ Offensive playcalling/scheme is the common denominator, beyond youth/inexperience/"green" QB. There are many examples of programs using young, Freshman or SO QBs with success. The issue is in the gameplanning/coaching, unfortunately.