Should Jarrett Lee be given a chance to start at Quarterback?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TF Staff, Oct 11, 2009.

?

Should Jarrett Lee be given a chance to start at Quarterback?

1. Yes

69 vote(s)
    33.0%
  2. No

37 vote(s)
    17.7%
  3. Start or not, he should be given playing time.

103 vote(s)
    49.3%
  1. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I know better than that :grin:

Those were my words about not wanting a new coach, just try new things. I didn't want anyone to misquote me. I follow along with ya!

2. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

FINALLY!!! A good post by SF!!

An even better post though.

The best post of the thread...someone has a clue!

No. With Lee running the show, UF might have put up 31...with 21 being off of picks.

By the way...even though there was no option in the poll for Shep getting playing time, I did vote. I voted that Lee deserves some playing time. I don't think he deserves to start, though. If he did, he would've already been starting.

I also don't think Shep should be the "qb". I think he should be on the field about 1/2 the time on offense, though...in some way, shape, or form.

3. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Start? No.

Playing time? Yes.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

What makes any of you think that J Lee is all of the sudden fixed?

If anything, let Shepard run it. Would be the dumbest thing EVER to Pull JJ for Lee while Shepard sits and watches.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

no you dont start lee but you let him get a possession or two each half like i said awhile back. that is if jj hadnt shown an ability to get the ball down field. well i think we know where he stands there.

also, who is tf staff? is this a bot that types up a consensus opinion of all the mods?

if not, lets put an actual name behind all board posts.

thanks,

tf general public

6. Flyntgr

Flyntgr Freshman

When a pitcher in baseball needs to be pulled, but the b.b. coach sometimes waits too long to pull him, the opponent can put the game out of reach before you know it. Same in football.
    CLM is much too reluctant to make changes when they are needed, and this includes playing time for JL and RS. The best coaches know when to make adjustments like rotating another QB, and it is very clear that we need to make an adjustment at QB.
    It doesn't mean we have to permanently bench JJ, but at least let another QB play: J Lee, Garrett or RS. JJ has "deer in the headlights" eyes and freezes up, even when his receivers are open. Come on, Les, give us a chance to win! Be FLEXIBLE when it's the best chance we have!

7. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Nope, let JJ grow, if you dont lose your starting job throwing 3 ints and 2 for touchdowns in one game. Then you dont lose your starting job for being sacked 3 times and throwing a pick and losing one game. There is alot of confusion on this offense and it aint all on JJ. Its saying something to be intellectually honest on this board and being fair. I know thats far fetched. The offensive line is still not playing well in pass protection. I counted at least 4 different times where Black, Barksdale, and Hitt got beat in pass protection. JJ is holding the ball too long in some situations, but this offensive line and playcalling are a direct result of sacks, to deny that is crazy. Also, Florida has one of the best defensive back 7 in the country, combined with receivers running poor routes, is going to amount to sacks. JJ has to find Dickson in this offense because he should always be the second option on any routes.

1 person likes this.
  8. dudley

dudley oops!

JJ has not 'earned' the starting spot. Our offense has been anemic all year. JL hasn't either, but I think it's time to give him some playing time and chance to redeem himself. I also think it's time to decide who RS is. If he is a quarterback then give him some playing time too, not just 1 play to run his little quarterback draw and then back out again. To be able to be a starting QB he has to be able to pass and I don't know if he can because I haven't seen him pass. I do know he is dangerous in space, even when everybody knows what the play is. I would do this. JJ with the most snaps. RS at QB to see what he can do as an actual QB. JL at QB and RS as a Percy Harvin type back/receiver.

All in all, I don't think we have a championship caliber QB. Maybe Chris Garrett, but who knows. I wouldn't take the redshirt off him, but I would make sure he didn't slough off in his redshirt year and would be ready to compete for the starting job next year.

9. Kandjviz

Kandjviz Founding Member

I am for sitting JJ for a series or 2 or 3 during the game and having JL get some snaps for a change of pace and help JJ see whats going on in the game. Also good to make defenses game plan two qbs. Need to simplify offense for JJ and concentrate on execution of plays. No more option calls for JJ, he is a spread offense qb. Let's run spread for JJ. JL is a pocket passer and feels the pressure better than JJ and knows how to step up in the pocket. Put RS in with JL. Run an option attack with RS for a series of plays including WildCat formation. JMO. But what do I know. I just sayin a little variety may help offense get untracked.:LSU231::tigereye::geauxtige:helmet::crystal::crystal:

10. Goobert

Goobert Freshman

If JL had been our starting QB for every game thus far this season, and played to the level of JJ, would we not have seen JJ get some reps by now?