Should Jarrett Lee be given a chance to start at Quarterback?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TF Staff, Oct 11, 2009.

?

Should Jarrett Lee be given a chance to start at Quarterback?

1. Yes

69 vote(s)
    33.0%
  2. No

37 vote(s)
    17.7%
  3. Start or not, he should be given playing time.

103 vote(s)
    49.3%
  1. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

1 and 3.

With Jefferson as the QB. We put up 31 PPG with Lee running the show.

2. geaux9

geaux9 Founding Member

JL or RS should get some time. The offensive output can not get worse.:tigereye:

3. vwinterr

vwinterr Founding Member

Sure he should be given a chance to start...

but who's to say he wasn't given a chance, but was beat out by JJ?

Both of these guys are young... how anyone can expect them to not have flaws is beyond me.

4. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

We could put Trindon at QB and I would expect more than 3 points.

1 person likes this.
  5. vwinterr

vwinterr Founding Member

or he could through 3 picks a game... you never know.

I'm not saying Lee shouldn't be given a shot, infact, I'd say Sheppard should have seen the field last night, but at some point you have to trust the coaching staff for what they see in practice.

Has Lee learned not to force the ball and check to see if a linebacker is spying, or is JJ learning to make decisions quicker!??! Whoever is improving faster should get the start. Both have their flaws... I have no idea what would have happened if Lee started last night. 1 - he could have thrown for two deep touchdowns for the win... 2 - he could have thrown 2 pick-6's.

either way the coaches are getting second guessed.

6. LSU_TheChamp

LSU_TheChamp Founding Member

----------------------------------------------------
    I have no idea what would have happened if Lee started last night. 1 - he could have thrown for two deep touchdowns for the win... 2 - he could have thrown 2 pick-6's.
    ----------------------------------------------------

I believe it would have been more than 3 points. A pick is a pick, 6 is the 2nd part , why the hell 11 guys can't stop one defender who's taking the ball back for a TD?

I'd rather gamble by playing JL than playing JJ who's too afraid to make a throw.

1 person likes this.
  7. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

JJ may have confidence issues at this point. He needs to back down and regroup. It is very peculiar that the offense can drive down the field and can't punch it in at the end.

I don't think Lee will leave the ball up too much for interceptions. If I am not mistaken, I thought Lee was starting to throw the ball away when everyone was covered and not trying to force the ball towards the end of last season. I would like to see him have more significant playing time, not when the team is way ahead, which may not happen for many games! Remember the time when JR was staying in for long periods even in "cupcake" games with Matt Flynn being left with too little meaningful playing time to grow?

I would like to know if there are any communication issues between JJ and the O-line that might be at least partly the cause of the mis-steps of the O-line?

I suspect Sheppard is way too green although extremely talented to be able to have a decent grasp of the offense at this stage.

......not if the scheme is limited because of the QB's limited grasp of the offense. What other scheme can they change to? JJ is still a young QB. That's why I favor a change of direction for the time being since things aren't working for the offense.

8. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

I'd like to see JL get the 3rd series of the 1st half and the 3rd series of the 2nd half against Auburn.

I'd also like to see RS come in a run a litte "wild tiger" or option 5 or 6 times a game.

:crystal::geaux::crystal::geaux::crystal:

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Jefferson doesn't deserved to be benched for losing one game. He earned the start. But Lee should be getting drives to develop depth, complicate opponent's defensive plans, and give LSU a better passing option when needed.

Shepard should be getting some time as a change-up, especially in the red zone.

1 person likes this.
  10. CajinTigah

CajinTigah Founding Member

Have Lee ready to come in if JJ needs to sit a series to clear his head and watch the game. If Lee shows something let him have more game time.

It can't hurt and it might get one of them on track faster.

1 person likes this.