Shingles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BP, Oct 23, 2018.

1. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Keto is not the answer, but rather a step in the right direction which is why I pointed out krispy kreams to not being perfect.

My point is geared more towards how the government fucked us with a pyramid of a bullshit diet. Eliminate processed anything and you are closer to how the body reacts naturally, rather than synthetically.

uscvball likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

What do y'all think of stevia as a way of cutting back on sugar? I use it in my coffee and it's the only seeetener that tastes as good as sugar.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Where on earth did you hear that nonsense. I've experienced the exact opposite.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Dont really have any yet. I just hate taking pills. Been about 2 weeks since I've had them, may have taken 3. Just too busy. I will get it down by diet, exercise and sadly less beer.

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

"To me, keto is mostly stupid because it's short term, doesn't have the same impact on everyone"

My former next door neighbor is a personal trainer. We talked about the keto diet several months ago and lots of clients used it but several had reduced ability to build muscle. Most quit after the first "round" of keto flu.

6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Diets are gay.

Bengal B likes this.
  7. tirk

Oops. Thanks for the correction on short term.

Hell if they can't make 2 weeks the problem is obvious.

There’s a number of myths, misconceptions, and misinformation floating around that are confusing a lot of people about the ketogenic diet. They’re proposing ideas like “carbs are absolutely necessary to build muscle” and “The ketogenic diet hurts exercise performance” that take a small finding and exaggerate its meaning.

With all of the conflicting information about these topics, it is easy to become discouraged and think that you can’t get the health benefits of keto without losing muscle mass, strength, and endurance. Fortunately, this isn’t the case.

The truth is that — with a deeper understanding of how the body works and what it needs when carbohydrates are being restricted — it is possible to experience the health benefits of keto, increase muscle mass, and improve exercise performance at the same time. No carbs required.

You Need Carbs To Build Muscle

People that tell you this don’t understand how muscle building really works – it’s entirely possible to be gaining muscle mass while on keto.

In a simple way, the 3 easy steps to build muscle are:

• Eating enough protein – For mass building between 1.0 – 1.2g / pound of LEAN body mass.
    • Eating a calorie surplus – You can’t build muscle without eating more calories than you need, and these come from fats in a ketogenic diet.
    • Training correctly – You need to promote hypertrophy in your muscles.
    Are carbs good for building muscle? Of course they are – they promote insulin release and help restore glycogen in the muscles. With carbs, you gain mass quicker, but that’s because you’re also gaining fat.

https://www.ruled.me/mythbusting-training-on-keto-diet/

8. tirk

Way of life.. Til cheat day.

9. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

There’s still no equation for calories. People consuming a large fry, a Big Mac, and a large soda are all over eating calories as well. Sugar and simple carbohydrates certainly make it easier to over eat and I’m not denying that. But there’s a lot more biology between eating sugar and it getting into the bloodstream.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I guess I don’t have the will.