Shingles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BP, Oct 23, 2018.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

You should have ended with a question mark. I shouldn’t have to spell it out.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  2. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Thanks for the info. Never been over to Aspen, but we'll ski it sometime soon. Will check out that movie too.

3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Me, too. My daughter may room with one of her drill team friends next year at UNT. Her mom is in her mid-fifties and got shingles last year. She has some pretty bad scarring on her arms.

I never had chicken pox as a child. I did catch it when I was 15 weeks pregnant with my 17-year-old. Chicken pox can only affect a fetus if the mom is between 13 and 16 weeks pregnant. When they did my sonogram at 20 weeks, they were looking for signs that she had or had not been affected.

During the sonogram, they said, "Well, she's moving her legs, so she has muscle tone in her legs," and (my personal favorite), "And...her eyes aren't on the side of her head." Holy crap! I'm glad my doctor didn't mention those things before the sonogram.

But now, I worry that I could get shingles.

GiantDuckFan, lsu-i-like and uscvball like this.
  4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Damn...

5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

If you decide to go to Aspen let me know. This year will be my 30th year in a row going there I can give you some do's and don't. It is a very unique ski resort. Do check out the movie will open your eyes to things you didn't know about the sport.

6. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

You actually need to contact your insurance to determine your coverage. Some insurances will cover if you are at a certain age

7. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Google says 50+ For vaccine, So I figure I got a few years to think about it. Yikes

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I will pay whatever it is. I've known a few people that have had it and they all say it is incredibly painful. That is just not my thing.

StaceyO likes this.
  9. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

It’s not fun, but you could handle it I’m sure. The key is duration and location. It lasts weeks to months. If it affects sensitive areas, then you’re really screwed. Also, when you have active lesions, you’re contagious. So, if you’re a grandparent and you have active shingles and you’re visiting your grandchildren, they can get chicken pox. Hopefully, they are vaccinated and won’t. Lots of reasons to get the vaccine.

Oh, and it won’t cause autism, lol.

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Painful and unsightly!