Shelvin opting out

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tzanghi, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Perple

Perple Founding Member

LMAO @ "Divisive".

You & the many young men like coddling up with the KKK? Biden was good friends with Sen. Robert Byrd of the Klan. In fact, he gave the eulogy at Byrd's 2010 funeral. Of course you've already voted for a Klan lover once already. Guess you "Cool with the KKK".

[​IMG]

A Friend, Mentor & Guide to Biden

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
    unclenick and TigerTap like this.
  2. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Struck a nerve. So did O.

3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Well, you're right. He's guilty of nothing more than being on the wrong side of a shitty opinion.

4. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Thing is O is in charge of as diverse a group of young men as you will find anywhere. He's in a position of leadership and spoke poorly. Why do I say that?

My personal feelings on what he said didn't and doesn't matter.

It matters what he says to every single young man he leads and recruits. If there's a widely unpopular figure among the Polynesian community O has to understand that and temper and statements he makes. Same with black, Latin, and white communities. You gotta be careful what you say about someone if they've been seen as antisemitic.

Whether they are or aren't you gotta pay the role of politician and not offend anyone because while you may not agree with their views and he may not it is their feelings that matter.

Think O is learning that. Personally I think he was just being recruiting mode saying nice things about someone who was nice to the team and had learned in this time in our society more than ever you must be careful what you say and exactly what it might mean.

Bengal B and asignupe99 like this.
  5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Right, he should be fake like Saban to get them W's.

furduknfish, KyleK and Bengal B like this.
  6. asignupe99

This is EXACTLY my point. Our I ndividual stance on the issues don’t matter. Folks who remember me here know well I’m black (Not that that is a qualifier for my beliefs...but it kind of is LOL) and don’t necessarily align with the more controversial views of POTUS or those who worship him. But I respect their right to believe what they want, just like I respect those that are going to hold their nose and vote for him because it’s bigger than him. Those folks aren’t voting for him per se because they probably agree with me that they ALL disappoint. They’re voting for who replaces Ginsberg. Who sets judicial policy for the foreseeable future. Shit
    Ike that.

In O’s case, whether you align with his views or not, it was a misstep at the most inopportune time. The idea that divisiveness is “subjective” is the very nature of divisive. For one thing, ALL presidents are divisive. However, if a large group thinks he’s not divisive...and an equally large group thinks he is...uhhhh...where does that leave us? End of the day, he has to be smarter than that and I believe he will. I believe he was in rah rah mode and got carried away.

It’s VERY forgiveable because I doubt ANY of those young men, including the ones he has recruited throughout his career or those he will recruit and coach in the future, believe he’s racist. He coaches football. Period. Unfortunately, in the midst of a pandemic and one of the most volatile times of social unrest any of us have seen, you can’t be just a coach. Why do you think he’s talking to his mentor about these issues? Because he knows he has to do better. And I personally believe he will. For now, he’s gotta take a few licks, including losing the support of a few players. But this to shall pass.

furduknfish, KyleK, Brian and 3 others like this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Damned if you do and damned if you don't. How in the hell do you not offend anybody in such a diverse group? Black kids from the ghetto, Polynesians and even white guys. A kid loke Myles Brennan from a well to do family might feel totally different from his teammates bit God help you if you offend the only QB who gives you a fighting chance to compete at a championship level.

asignupe99 likes this.
  8. asignupe99

You’re absolutely right Bengal. I will be the first to tell you that those who align with me tend to be easily triggered. I won’t get into root causes, but it’s true. O has every right to love and support who he wants, but he has to be prepared for backlash. He’s learned from it and next time...whether it’s JBE or POTUS he’ll be more diplomatic...“We appreciate the support of President Trump and really enjoyed our experience (turn on the rah rah now) after we beat Clemson and won the Natty, and we are working hard to get back to the White House again.” A little emotional intelligence goes a long way.

This is an area ole Les would’ve gotten right because he gave non answers to everything, LOL. He also wouldn’t have gotten comments from the President because there wouldn’t have been a natty to celebrate...

Brian, el005639, mancha and 1 other person like this.
  9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

So what's next? Does Brennan poll all of the WRs and TEs about their political beliefs, and if they don't match up he doesn't throw them the ball? IMO, anyone who played for LSU last year, had the incredibly rare opportunity to experience what they did (and I'm talking about a once-in-a-lifetime championship season, including the trip to the White House), and then would decide to pass up the opportunity to repeat it because of political beliefs is a grade A certified jackass. Regardless of who is president, and who does or doesn't support him. What an asinine reason to separate yourself from that opportunity.

65Grad and Bengal B like this.
  10. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Honestly if he just said, I had a great time meeting with President Trump when he invited us to the white house it was an experience I'll treasure and I'm grateful he did that for our team instead of saying I love him this isn't an issue.

Love can be a powerful word.

Hell love and money are the two most likely reasons a murder happens. It's powerful.

Again, I think he was just in O recruiter mode and didn't really intend for the intensity of the word love when he said it, but that doesn't matter.

Right now our world is a massive cauldron of bone dry kindling.

Even the smallest of sparks can start a bonfire.

Bengal B likes this.