Setting Snares

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by LSUTiga, Mar 9, 2013.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

No worries cause I don't have a fackin clue who Ron Jeremy is.

First you're commenting on something you didn't even see?!?! They you use words like "pretty sure" and "most states"? Don't you know better than to come at me with some weak azz shyt like that?

State Prohibitions on Leghold, Kill-type, and Snare Traps:

http://www.bornfreeusa.org/b4a4_traps.php

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Ninja please. No tellin what your monkey ass is trying to do. The squirrel pole is illegal because of how well it works. Whatever "presidential solution" you are trying to make is almost surely bound to fail therefore would probably be ok in the eyes of the law. ;)

LSUTiga likes this.
  3. LSUTiga

I like that. Will definitely use again.

4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

In the seventies, I saw an LSU student with a backpack feed the squirrels and then pick them off one by one, when they got real close, with a pellet pistol he had in the sack along with a bag of peanuts.

This was in the quad right in front of the library.

I saw this dude pick off about seven squirrels, snatch them up real quick and stuff them in his backpack, move to the next bench and start feeding some more squirrels...:cool:.

5. shane0911

Simple yet effective

6. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Haha I had to google him, I laughed when I saw his nickname is Hegdehog and then I remembered CS had one for sale in another thread......weird!

So when have you caught anything in your snare yet? Anything at all......serious question

7. shane0911

Sure you did ;)

8. LSUTiga

Had to be from Ville Platte. lmao

No I posted that I'd picked them up. Rain came and they were underwater the second day and I picked them up the third cause the sets were messed up.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

A retired career army guy that I knew as a boy scout has gotten himself a retirement gig. Beavers have made a comeback in north Louisiana and are building dams that flood and kill valuable trees. So the big paper and timber companies with vast holdings are paying for beaver tails taken on their properties. Sarge mostly catches them with snares, sell the tails to the companies and then sells the pelts as well. He gets all the business from several big companies because they trust him to take the beaver off their properties which he documents with GPS tagged photographs. Some unscrupulous trappers have taken beaver from else where and try to sell tails to the companies. Snare are really cheap and effective . . . IF you have the woodscraft to know where and how to set them. Most of his competition doesn't.

LSUTiga likes this.
  10. LSUTiga

Yeah, I pretty much suck. Only set snares once in my life though so I didn't expect much. We got two coons last night. I set 4 traps behind my house this evening. I expect to have one or two in the morning and will take/post pics.

Have been giving them to the building custodian. They've been skinning them.

On the beavers, there's a guy that comes down from Ohio each year and traps for some of the farmers around their crawfish lakes, etc. He catches yotes and stuff too. I'd love to go see how his sets are. I think they get 40 bucks for the beaver tails but it's from the gov't, I think.