Sessions' Senate Committee Investigation Testimony

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

According to Federal statute Mueller has to prove a corrupt mindset to convict on an obstruction of justice charge. Trump's defense would surely be that he was only expressing sympathy for a friend (Flynn) and that his boast to the Russians in the Oval Office about relief from the Russian cloud was only a statement of a consequence rather than an admission of a motive. While probably false that defense is also remotely plausible, so I predict that an actual indictment will depend upon whether or not Mueller can demonstrate that Trump had actual knowledge of criminal behavior by Flynn.

2. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Flynn would have to implicate himself.

3. Rex

Rex Founding Member

He probably already has. What with the undisclosed payment from Turkey the case against Flynn seems pretty solid, and he might have already flipped against Trump.

Here's a big boom, courtesy of the Washington Post, about National Director of Intelligence Dan Coats:

"Coats told associates that Trump had asked him whether Coats could intervene with Comey to get the bureau to back off its focus on former national security adviser Michael Flynn in its Russia probe, according to officials. Coats later told lawmakers that he never felt pressured to intervene."

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

The investigation didn't end and he didn't "ask" it to end nor did he order anything to obstruct the investigation.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

What did he do that was obstruction? Trump hasn't prevented a single thing. Saying "I hope" is not a question. It is an expression.

To rest your case on That is laughable.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

7. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Obstruction is not a matter of "prevention". It's about corruptly attempting to interfere with an investigation. I believe that's already been established.

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

So how did he interfere? Surely to make the claim you have more than an "I hope" statement?

9. Rex

Rex Founding Member

So you admit you were making up bullshit. No wonder you voted for Trump... lying birds of a feather.

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood