Seriously now, can LSU play on the same level as the Kansas City Chiefs?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TenTexLA, Sep 25, 2007.

1. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

oh my god, I come back hours later and you guys are still talking about this. It's not possible to actually think LSU could hold any pro teams jock strap. Somebody lock it up.

1 person likes this.
  2. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

I truly believe we could beat the Chiefs, Saints or Rams.

3. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I truly believe, you can't be serious.

4. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Look at it like this. Guys that were dominant in CFB for us in the past.

Trev Faulk
    Chad Lavalais
    Chase Pittman
    Chris Jackson
    Lionel Turner
    Steven Peterman

etc

What do they all have in common?

Can't crack and NFL roster. Yet they could all blow through the guys across from them in college.

This team is loaded with potential NFL talent, but not 22 starters worth, and none of them have enough experience to beat their man for 60 minutes against NFL talent.

5. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

No, no, and a very emphatic "NO!" Two completely different styles of play. NFL players are bigger, faster, and far more skilled than college players. The best college team wouldn't stand a chance.

1 person likes this.
  6. Berge

Berge Founding Member

What you've just said....is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

5 people like this.
  7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

im not arguing for LSU over an NFL team but so what about chris jackson. and were pittman and turner really dominant?

8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

the domination would be grant and smith against LSU's OL. they would be in the backfield every play.

contrary to what all rookies say about the nfl, that its the speed thats really different, i think the biggest difference between LSU and any nfl team would be the lines--particularly OL.

i would be curious to see how well the saints secondary would cover doucet, lafell, bowe and davis from last year

9. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

Ouch! Now that you've publicly called me out I just want to remind you this is a public discussion board. To have a discussion of measuring how good this LSU team is works for me. Women golfers try their hand at playing in tournaments with men to see how well they do. Some will rant and rave and make fun of the women and others will enjoy the match. I don't doubt most athletes, myself included, enjoy trying competition at a much higher level. Of course most prefer to have more evenly matched competitive experiences within his/her own league. The purpose of this thread is to experience the discussion of comparing this LSU team to an NFL team. We all put our jocks on the same way. If you make fun of the other team because they can't play on your level then you set yourself up as possible victim. History has proven this out many times. Just ask Goliath.

I'm very proud of the total team of coaches and players. Of course NFL payers are much faster and mature. It's intriguing to see how and why a Laron Landry can start in the NFL against all the much faster, more mature athletes. I'm guessing any NFL receiver who has experienced a Laron Landry hit this season is not saying he does not belong as a stater in the NFL. Just ask the Philadelphia Eagles.

As previously stated in this thread:

1 person likes this.
  10. DRC

DRC TigerNator

This was a crazy notion yesterday, and its still a crazy notion today. The only mitigating factor is since its Tulane week, there isnt anything worthy of game discussion. We get this gobldy gook instead. Lovely....