Seriously now, can LSU play on the same level as the Kansas City Chiefs?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TenTexLA, Sep 25, 2007.

1. DRC

DRC TigerNator

With all due respect to our friend from Nashville, this is a VERY dumb question.

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Not even if the Chiefs weren't allowed to pass.

3. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

I'm guessing you did not see the cable show on the Chiefs and how pathetic they look. It would be great to see the difference between the two teams and how much of a spread there really is. I'm sure Appalachian State has no chance to beat Michigan in the big house this year. To think Appalachian can beat Michigan is VERY Dumb to even consider. :thumb:

4. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

App State and Michigan both have amateur athletes in their late teens and early twenties.

1. The absolute best of the best get drafted (after at least two to five years in college.)
    2. A fraction of those actually make the team that drafted them.
    3. A much smaller fraction are starters on said team.
    4. An even smaller fraction are legit difference-makers their rookie season.
    5. LSU would be lucky to stay within 35 points of a pro team. And by lucky, I mean their QB is either David Carr or Brodie Croyle, some pro defenders slip and fall and decide to not get up, and Herm Edwards or Norv Turner is their head coach.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

App State is a good team. They are better than a handful of D-1 teams. I am sick of people playing that card (Which reminds me, support Tirk in the movement of skipping Tulane).

If the All-SEC team played the Chiefs it would still be 60+ -0

6. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

However, if Glenn Dorsey went up against chiefs, he would go all "Mike Gundy" on them. All the other SEC players would only hold him back.

7. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Glen Dorsey says not a chance.

8. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

This thead reminds me alot of the chatter on how USC could beat the Arizona Cardinals and was the greatest team of all-time.

Then they lost to Texas.

9. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Seriously, LSU couldn't stay within 3-4 touchdowns of any NFL team. Just ask Reggie Bush with his old USC jukes and jives that net him about 0.5 ypc in the NFL and he can tell you why--insane speed all up and down the field.

That's why you don't see the Wildcat formation or the option used much in the NFL (unless your some sick freak like Mike Vick or VY, but even they wouldn't find much daylight if they weren't surrounded by reallyfastguys).

Interestingly, I think they'd give the Saints some problems. LSU does have a near-NFL caliber DL, and the Saints OL has been absolutely putrid.

Anyone here think Stinchcomb could handle Kirston Pittman or Ty Jackson? Jeff Faine even bother, let alone stop, Dorsey? If Brees is pressured, as we've seen the past 3 weeks, that offense goes nowhere.

10. TheDrunkenTiger

TheDrunkenTiger Founding Member

And that is the sweetest punchline of all. I remember that all too well.