Seriously folks

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Don Castavez, Sep 5, 2021.

1. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Ok they crapped the Pasadena bed last night — big time .
    Nobody’s getting fired this week .
    Next two games should be meaningless W’s . The remaining weeks thereafter prob not so easy.
    What in your opinions would indicate the wheels are completely off the jalopy? A change at head coach becomes necessary? What is the firewall that you would define as Baby Huey can’t return for ‘22? Record etc?
    Seems to me he has used up a lot of the good will from ‘19 already.

2. JaxTigFan

JaxTigFan Founding Member

IMO, this game just needs to have an asterisk next to it and we need to move on. Yeah it was very disappointing to watch, but everybody in South Louisiana had a bad week and we can't talk about this game without that being a factor. On top of that this is the 1st game will an all new staff of coaches and we have a quarterback that is only a sophomore with 2 games under his belt(where was Joe Burreaux when he was a sophomore?) . Yeah there are players that should have performed better, but this is a team and when some aspects of the team aren't working right it can throw everybody off. As much as we'd like for this to be another 2019, it's not. 2019 could not have happened without 2018, and the best we can hope that 2021 is getting us ready for a 2022 or 2023 NC. All we can do is look for improvement every week as this team finds itself. As far as Oeaux's ability to coach I look not only at 2019, but also the first game he coached after taking over from Les Miles. The team looked better from the get go and has been better for the most part ever since, so I have faith in him...for now. Last year was a tough year for a lot of reasons beyond anyone's control as was this game. Let's hope the bad times are behind us.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
    Buzz69, unclenick, Hou-duco and 2 others like this.
  3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

If we don’t grow into a legit team by season’s end O needs to be fired. We shouldn’t require an in-game cluster to get the team straight, but this has happened multiple times since O has been here. O has been able to bounce back in the past; I expect that to happen.

If we don’t and O misfired in hiring coordinators again, that is inexcusable.

I can’t believe this game. What a f’n joke.

4. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

True

5. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

Not being able to win in the SEC this year (Vandy excepted).

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

The next two weeks (hopefully) will be useful in improving communication on defense and along the offensive line with blitz recognition.

7. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

If there was ever a year we needed a cupcake week 1, this was the year.

Because we know Ed is reliant on his coordinators this was basically like a 1st year HC in his 1st game. That doesn’t excuse the lack of effort and toughness though. That’s my biggest concern. I can understand the 2 coordinators struggling to get plays in and make adjustments.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I can’t excuse it, but I can understand it.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  9. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

You win the gold medal for mental gymnastics.

10. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Im not making excuses for Ed. I want him gone. I’m saying as a team, this is equivalent to a HC in his very 1st game. Because our HC is so incompetent and our 2 coordinators were calling their 1st ever games. As mentioned in another thread somewhere, this team will only go as far as these 2 coordinators can take them.

The few things I thought Ed was actually good at, raw raw, motivation, installing toughness, etc. are all missing as well. It’s an Ed problem no doubt.

It’s an absolute shit show and nightmare scenario for us as fans.

Winston1, kcal and XXL TideFan like this.