Seriously folks....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Don Castavez, Dec 8, 2020.

1. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

This season needs to be an aberration. If they don't follow this up with 8-10 wins and a new year's day bowl, LSU will be relegated to a second tier team. AlaBama, Florida, Georgia, T A&M, and maybe Aubie will be ahead for a good while to come. The good news is recruiting is supposed to be top notch. Haven't seen much about an O-Line though.
    It's hard to reach the top and hard to stay there. It's a lot easier over time as long as a winning tradition of excellence is built. I am worried.

TBTrumpet and USAFRet66.86 like this.
  2. USAFRet66.86

USAFRet66.86 COTiger is cool

Trust me. You aren't alone.

TBTrumpet likes this.
  3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Your lips to God’s ears

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Nah. Hanagriff addressed exactly that point yesterday. LSU went from 3-8 and firing DiNardo to winning the SEC championship in 2 years. They went from not even being able to manage the clock in '08 to one of the most epic regular seasons of all time 2 years later. If you have the ability to recruit, you have the seeds for a very quick turnaround.

5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Judge him next season this has been too weird a year plus the record attrition and opt outs. He won NC he deserves another year.

BayouBengal014 likes this.
  6. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

Agree but what I was getting at was they will not be as successful at recruiting in the near term as we move forward. Most all of the quick turnarounds come as a result of regime change Or some staff changes and recruiting. The other scenario is a team loaded with seniors. Again you typically have one or two good years and then the decline sets in again. You go from peaks to valleys. I want the Tigers at or near the peak all the time. I want them to usurp Bama.

7. USAFRet66.86

Unfortunately, you're in for a long wait. It ain't going to happen as long as Nick is there.

8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

It was just announced on WDSU that we are not going to a bowl game this year as a self imposed penalty.

TBTrumpet likes this.
  9. USAFRet66.86

It was reported on TOS some time ago. Unfortunately the link was to an Advocate article. Since I'm not a subscriber I couldn't transfer it. There was a release from the University & one from O. Both were probably written by lawyers & PR staff.

10. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Just as well. Tulane would have had a monster game, but we would have covered