Seriously folks....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Don Castavez, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

I don’t usually post in mid week — such are the dangers of sobriety- but here’s the question.
    This season - Shit storm on ice — no legit off season nor August , and yes a bit of a natty hangover — all fine and good
    BUT
    In this prestigious body of experts’ opinion how long does Baby Huey really have to right this ship?
    I say 2 years . Discuss among yourselves

2. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

I think next season is critical. If 2021 is a normal 12 game schedule and LSU doesn’t win at least 8 of those games, then the hot seat will be cracked up to the max in 2022.

If it’s another 3 win season next year, then he’s gone.

3. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

This yr is a write-off for all the reasons listed above by “The Don”. Your 8 game min for next yr sounds about right. A losing or breakeven season next year would be career ending. Winning only 7 very iffy. I think he would have to win a min 10 in 2022 to keep his job.

TBTrumpet likes this.
  4. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

I say he gone by February if the allegations about him are true with him knowing about the rape allegations.

msully likes this.
  5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

8 wins would be pushing it IMO. It would depend on who the losses were to and by how much. Losing to Alabama and maybe Florida could be survivable depending on the margin. I can’t see losing to Auburn Ole Miss or A&M acceptable. Another factor is the nature of the losses. Again margin, poor effort, bad play, lack of organization etcetera isn’t acceptable. Finally who he hires and how he recruits are signs of his recovery from this year.
    I thought he was building something special and was focused on doing the right thing. However his actions in his personal life, the apparent lazy hires and lack of focus this year gives lie to that. Hate to say it but if I don’t see a return to the focus, effort and determination he showed up through the end of last year I wouldn’t be opposed to cutting bait even with an 8-4 record.

6. Brian

Brian Founding Member

He doesn't right things quickly then Woodward moves on imo.

7. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

I just posted in the other thread, that with some good hires at OC and DC with considerable improvement in play he should get a reprieve for a couple years. Providing the off the field stuff does not cause him to be a martyr.

8. kcal

kcal Founding Member

that doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy as ed's record of hiring assistants is less than good....

9. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

I think the pain has only just begun, to be honest. Losing games in the fall is nothing compared to what this offseason will look like. I think the chickens are coming home to roost.....A whole new staff next year and probably lots of scholarships lost. Think Penn St....

KyleK, XXL TideFan and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  10. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

Me either @kcal but this may be the road we have to take. He surprised the hell out of me winning it all last year and getting us another Heisman so maybe there is a silver lining. I think the success of last year brought some of his old habits back which we are seeing in this team. Maybe it will be brief and he will make some good hires.

Winston1 and kcal like this.