Serious question, who ultimately runs this offense: Miles or Crowton?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsudolemite, Oct 12, 2009.

1. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Something tells me that SEC teams game planning the Russell sweep with Murphy lead blocking might be in for a surprise.

At least, I hope so. :rolleye33:

2. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Oh I absolutely cannot wait to see this in person now.

3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Well, I seriously doubt you see that this weekend...as from what I hear, Murphy hasn't practiced all week. He's "knicked". They have a want for 18 to get healthy before he competes, so he can perform at a damn strong level.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I agree that many are catchable, however I know it is mentally frustrating when the WR has to break stride to TRY and make the play.
    I tend to think that a perfect thrown ball would never be dropped by these guys.

Still, at some point either the WR’s or QB has to step up…

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

While it sounds exciting, I just think its dumb on GC if its true.

When you return the nations 112th offense, you do not have the luxury of walking into the first few games of the season like this.

I understand the concept of not wanting to unleash all you have in the first week, but if its that badass where the 112th offense in the nation has to hide it, lol, why not use it, test it and put teams away with it?

6. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I don't disagree with you, but our WR's have to learn how to make adjustments and catch some of the damn balls. If you look at many of the passes Brees throws they are intentionally thrown where the WR has to make an adjustment to make the catch, with the purpose of placing where only the WR will have a shot. Not that this is what JJ is doing, because I know he isn't, but if our WR's learn to make the adjustments and catch some of these balls it will most definately have a positive impact on JJ's performance and his confidence.

As we all know, it is the circus catches that make the Highlight reel.:grin:

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I think this is normal for most coordinators. I've seen it for many years from many coordinators.

1. They don't want to overtask a lot of new starters with too many plays and reads to be good at in the opening games, especially on the road. They stick to the core plays that they've got working well and then add to it all season.

2. Rivals have staffs of grad students who break down tendencies on video. They note trick plays, deceptive tactics, and special personnel combinations. You don't want to tip them too early on stuff you don't really need against Vanderbilt or State, but you need to work very well versus Bama or Florida. Best that they've never seen them before.