Serious question, who ultimately runs this offense: Miles or Crowton?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsudolemite, Oct 12, 2009.

1. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

I think it's #2, Miles may exercise some input.. but that has been the knock on Crowton for quite some time now. He's a "1-2 year type of guy". The other knock on him is that there are no halftime adjustments.

2. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Agreed. CLM certainly has to realize 6 games into the season that this scheme isn't working. I hope that we see more Shepard, and Randle for that matter. Let JJ work with something he is more comfortable with, maybe give JL a series or two, and how about Shepard throwing some passes?

:geauxtige

3. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

We are trying to run a Big 10 old fashioned power up the gut offense come hell or high water. Whose background is that Crowton or Miles? If Miles is unhappy I'm pretty sure he has the you know what to tell Crowton to get it straight. The dumb plays are Miles. He doesn't have to call the actual plays, all he has to do is tell Crowton what he wants done.

4. cristof11

cristof11 Founding Member

I wonder if we finish the season with only one or two loses while still playing bad on offense, will the fanbase be calling for Miles head at the end of the yeat.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Too bad we don't have one of those

6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

if this is Miles' background, then why is our offensive output (or lack thereof) eerily similar to Crowton's last 3 jobs?

why are our problems so much like the problems Chicago, BYU, and Oregon had?

why were Oregon fans able to predict fairly accurately what is happening nearly 3 years ago?

Was Miles texting Crowton during those years and telling him what plays to run?

7. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

I'm not saying that either one of these guys is great or not..I'm not in a position to pass judgment..

But I see what happened with Lee last year

And now with Jefferson and the sideline play calling

And I just dont see the logic behind any of it

8. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Ok but if it is Crowton which if we learn anything from the past it is really starting to look like......IT IS STILL ON MILES.

Crowton works for HIM, if crowton isnt preforming then Miles needs to pull on the reigns.

9. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

This is true. I am willing to give the staff a chance to correct this, but if tangible improvement eludes us, changes will have to be made, just like last year.

It will be a pity if Crowton has a shelf life of only 2-3 years, but man I read a lot of that stuff when he was hired. Most LSU fans retorted with our superior talent will change things. Maybe it still can.

The Dude is hopeful...

10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I promise you this isn't Crowton. Do you even remember the plays from the last 2-3 years? Do you not remember a No.1 rated Va. Tech D saying we had an answer to everything they were doing? Crowton has never been this conservative or predictable at any stop on his resume. It's my opinion that Miles wants Crowton to call a certain type of game to protect an inexperienced QB from letting a JL situation happen to him. As such, he's being handcuffed by the head coach.

1 person likes this.