SERIAL KILLER SUSPECT- breaking news

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUMJ, May 26, 2003.

1. Jack

Jack Member

Since they caught the guy and apparently have DNA evidence on him that makes a lot of sense.

Is he still stalking and killing women?

2. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

That website was published on December 19, 2000 by a "noname" website. Are we supposed to reach that far to believe your theory that the Fowler disappearance two years later was a hit.

3. Jack

Jack Member

So back it up. What did they blunder and what should they have done differently? I'm not a supporter nor basher of the Task Force but you've obviously made up your mind so lay down your cards. Be specific.

4. JD

JD Founding Member

Did they ever find fowler's body?
    It never seemed in line with the other murders.
    I have no idea whether it was a hit, but it isn't out of the realm of possibility - jerry fowler was connected.

5. JD

JD Founding Member

I won't say they were bad, but what did they accomplish? Nothing, really, except, MAYBE, they gave the Atlanta PD the heads up that he was in Atlanta.
    Anyway, my objection is with all of the self-congratulations and the notion that this force is state of the art.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Fowler was already in prison. Why would the wise guys do an out of state hit on his wife? And if it was the mob who whacked her wouldn't they have found a body so that they made a visible example of what happens when you cross the Mafia?

7. Jack

Jack Member

Hello? I'm still waiting for you to support your accusations.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I agree with Jack that the cops are getting a bum rap here. The task force ran down tens of thousands of leads and in the end got lucky and nabbed the guy. The thousands of man hours made that luck. The families of the murdered women are making some noise about maybe he should have been captured and their anger, though misplaced, is understandable. They get a pass. But TuWho and JD just like to criticize and, when challenged, cannot support their accusations.

9. JD

JD Founding Member

The only thing I criticized was the force slapping themselves on the back and telling us how great they are - particularly in the face of the families of 3 or 4 victims who became victims after the force was organized. I don't think they are terrible - but what exactly did they accomplish?

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I hate to agree with Towho and JD but the task force all patting themselves on the back and taking credit makes me sick. Derek Todd Lee has been a suspect for years in the 1992 Zachary murder. If he had been DNA tested earlier Columb and Yoder and no telling who else would still be alive. If Lee was the one who did the 1992 murder he has been killing women for at least 11 years. If he breaks down and confesses to every killing he actually did we might find out that Lee was as prolific a serial killer as Ted Bundy. Of course police forces from every jurisdiction will be putting a lot of pressure on him to confess to every crime that every happened in their areas so they can clear their backlog of cases. I hope he dosen't confess to every one of them like Henry Lee Lucas did who confessed to over 600 murders, most of which he didn't commit.