Senate Intel Committee Report on Russia

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

again, if i tell a canadian that justin trudeau did blackface stuff, thats a foreigner with the express intent of helping trudeaus opponent and hurting trudeau. its ok though. not a big deal. i am not messing with voting machines. and maybe the canadian will hate trudeau for that, and i succeed. so what?

its because you dont understand how normal and typical this is, this is what the dems are using against you. it sounds bad to you because you dont know any better.

2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

so what? they can try whatever they want! propaganda is used by every country who can afford to! get it throught your head this is perfectly normal, has always existed and is not worrying!

again, your lack of sophistication about this is the problem. you are acting like this is not normal. its to be expected and not a problem.

3. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

wasn't intended to be...it's a question as signaled by the punctuation. care to answer it?

I've been making my points. That you do not agree with them is of little consequence to me. I asked you a simple question; one that obviously has you spooked and that you, thus far, refuse to answer.

do I? Or did I ask a simple question that you just refuse to answer?

I asked you a simple question my friend and you, apparently, aren't going to answer it. Credibility? Seriously? On a chat forum where none of you believe things like the Senate Intel Report on Russian Interference but will subscribe to the Breitbart's of this world, let's not get into a discussion on credibility.

you mean like asking a simple question? I guess you are at least telling the truth when you say, "this dumb shit dont work on me.." you mean that aren't going to answer.

agreed

and I am telling you that there are far more people...people who know a helluva lot more than you and I...who insist that it is significant. in fact, senate republicans like Richard Burr and John Cornyn have signed onto the report so it's not like is some partisan witch hunt. By any standard, Burr and Warner have conducted a bi-partisan and fair investigation. So, no...it's not normal or fine for another country to try and subvert our democracy.

Your argument is nothing but an attempt to move the goal posts. You do not get to personally determine what qualifies as interference.

4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

3-singes.jpg
    You hear not, see not and speak not of the lies and deception on the left.

5. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

This isn't a partisan issue. The Senate Intel Report was clearly bipartisan so you can just stop with the whiny ass argument that this is just the Dems trying to score points.

Then why haven't we encountered this problem before? If it is so prevalent and "normal" why is this the first time we are having this discussion. You are simply making excuses for the Russians here....so again I will ask you: Whose side are you on? Why do you keep trying so hard to normalize the subversion of our democracy while insisting that this is all a partisan witch hunt? You honestly think that if the Republicans thought Obama had outside help getting elected they wouldn't have launched an investigation? Tell me about those other investigations into foreign election interference...

Funny guy :p:D

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

So, in your head, this is the 1st time Commies have tried subversion in an election?

Jmg likes this.
  7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

the question is not legit, its a dumb rheotrical trick, not a real question. its like asking why are you such a faggot? why?

the question is intended to be insulting and to make your opponent defensive. i dont play that game.

again, i dont play this game, its intended to make me defensive. i dont defend myself unless the allegation is credible, i see no need. so you cant win this game with me, i am too smart for it.

this is not an argument. the topic is russian interference. the interference was not significant.

i will explain this again. if i ask you, for example, why you are fucking faggot, thats not just a question, its an accusation. implicit in the question is a request for the opponent to defend himself from the charge of being a fucking faggot. so now you have some asshole arguing that he isnt a faggot. its stupid. its a rhetorical trick that works on dullards. not me. you cant make me defensive. i just make arguments.

simple question. are you a fucking shitbag or a niggerfaggot? simple question. CANT U ANSEWR LOLZERZ

do you see the point yet?

its not what qualifies as interference, but what is significant. again, i explained this already. a russian can email me and say trump licks cocks, and thats an attempt to sway me to vote a certain way. but i dont care i just ignore it.

we cant pretend thats the same as hacking voting machines. propaganda is not the same as actual manipulation of votes. propaganda is perfectly fine. we do it. everyone does.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

exactly. this is the point. i heard reports trump even said something to this effect, he didnt care because it always happens and we do it too. and that is correct.

even now we have radio free liberty broadcasting in eastern europe trying to help folks like bulgarians and belarusians to become more allied with the west/EU/NATO/US than russia. its fine. we want them to vote for the pro-western candidates. we want belarus to become more like latvia and less like serbia. and we use propaganda. everyone does. its fine!

LSUpride123 likes this.
  9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

True. Social media wasnt that big 10 years ago either. Commies wised up and figured out how to use it.

10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

and i believe the reach of it was very tiny. like it is measured in "impressions", like if you scroll past an ad on facebook, thats an impression. its noting. you dont even notice it. they say "oh shit russia had like 300k impressions. but thats nothing. it sounds like a lot but its just like a days worth of ads folks scroll past. a real ad by a real american company gets millions and millions of impressions. like if ford places a truck ad in your facebook feed because you like trucks, it will have like millions of folks see it. but the russian social media shit was really nothing. almost nobody saw it or cared

LSUpride123 likes this.