Security clearances

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by dachsie, Jul 25, 2018.

1. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

i was kinda surprised no one was talking about the possibility of revoking security clearances for Brennan, Comey, et al. I have no problem with it. IF you are going to be a pundit on tv then you shouldn't have access to classified info.

mctiger and Bengal B like this.
  2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I tend to agree though I’ve heard arguments that usually these sort of people often keep their clearances as they may be consulted by their former employers after they’re out of office.
    I do have issue with using revocation as a political instrument as it seems Trump is advocating. I would have the same issue if Obama did the same.

3. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

Apparently Brennan has a history of inadvertently leaking info. He almost outed a double agent and there was something else I cant remember they were talking about. I cant believe he was approved for the Director position because of it.

Winston1 likes this.
  4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

They are leakers. Cased closed.

shane0911 likes this.
  5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Brennan has a sketchy history at best and you’re right about him. However it’s never good to make a general policy from one bad example.
    BTW several people mentioned in Trumps list had already lost or dropped their clearance.

6. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Petty move. High ranking military officers as well as high level intel guys retain clearances for a number of reasons. Many serve on boards and oversight groups, but more importantly, they are often consulted to take advantage of their years of expertise.

If I’m worried about classified material leaking, it would not be from Clapper, Hayden, etc.

Winston1 likes this.
  7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Nothing petty about it. Dudes are lucky they aren't in jail for leaking classified information.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

What’s the point of talking about it when it’s just gonna be a Trump suckfest?

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Why does right and wrong have to be political? It is in fact illegal to leak classified and sensitive information. Why would you NOT take their clearance away?

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Why is right only right when it’s a repub doing it and wrong only wrong when a democrat does it?