SEC Dominance Continues : Who's Next ...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by souljaslim1, Jan 10, 2011.

1. souljaslim1

souljaslim1 Bigg Daddy

That alone could make for a very interesting season.........

NO .. MORE .. COLLEGE .. FOOTBALL
    DAM.........DAM...........DAM.... :sob:

2. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

I agree. I hope we are ready by then, the only game we can really afford to lose would be Oregon or one out of Alabama/Florida/Auburn to still have a chance at the title. I'm hoping no one goes undefeated next season so that we can have a better chance if it all works out.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

What really sucks is you can pretty much pencil in Oklahoma into the national championship game because of their weak ass pansy conference. Not having a conference championship game could come back to bite them in the ass though if they catch a loss.

4. Kino74

Kino74 Founding Member

If LSU shows up with an offensive performance like they gave against A&M and our dline works Oregon's oline like Auburn did, our Tigers may very well be able to obtain that coveted 3rd crystal ball.

5. whodatnot

whodatnot I'm taking the day off

Food for thought......

Has any school won 3 National Championships "in a decade" with 3 different Head Coaches at the helm?

Wouldn't that be crazy if this CLM to Michigan pans out, the team gets a new coach and they make it all the way and win the NC in 2011? Then what would be said about LSU? Need a quick ship, go coach the Tigers and you'll get one soon enough.

6. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

Watching them play tonite showed me one thing. We need to hit them with a steady dose of Ware/Ford/Ridley when we play them. I felt Crowton possessed Malzahn's body and overcomplicated things by trying trick plays and pass plays. Just run the ball right at their undersized line.

7. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

The sec owns the bcs and will for years to come. The rest of the country knows this and their envy has turned them bitter and filled their anger ridden bodies with hate. If your a fan for a non sec team you know the odds are aginst you that your team will win a bcsnc if they get to the big game. If your a coach for a non sec team you know where the action is. The sec is the place to be if you are serious about winning a nc and you have the confidence to step up to where the big boys play. And yes Michigan this means you too.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I agree. The best thing to do to them is screw their rhythm up. keep their offense off the field.

9. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

Totally agree with everything EXCEPT the last line! Way off in my opinion. Lack of talent.

10. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Which is exactly why we have to keep Miles. I don't care who we might bring in; there's no way that I want a new coach cutting his teeth with the way that things are setting up next year. It's a championship schedule and we have championship talent.

While I agree with this, I think that Auburn's defensive line was the difference in that game. They stuffed Oregon's run all night long and forced them to be one-dimensional. That is the key. Nick Fairley had more to do with that victory than Cam Newton. But you are also correct because Michael Dyer went the hell off and sealed the game for them at the end.

One thing that I took away from that game was a big clue on how to stop a mobile QB. Take him out at his feet. If you go high, he will juke you into next week. These two teams basically see each other in practice everyday, so they know how to defend the dual-threat. And they were diving at their feet most of the night.