News Seattle Police Kill Suspect in Officer Slayings

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by BAY0U BENGAL, Dec 1, 2009.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

2. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

He was not pardoned, SF is right. But the sentence was commuted and he could not have gotten out of prison otherwise. If this was an isolated incident it woudln't be that big of a deal but he has a habit of doing this with violent criminals.

3. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Huck was wrong to commute his sentence and has stated his regret in doing so. However, this happened over a decade ago. The guy has committed plenty of felonies since then. The most recent was the alleged rape of a 12 year old. He got a $15k bail for that one.

Nobody is talking about the judges who set this guy free and then days later he shoots 4 cops. Why is that? Because smearing a national conservative is more important than the actual atrocities committed.

Hey I agree that Huckabe screwed up and is partly to blame for being a part of the process. I also recognize that there are more recent, more important factors. Ignoring those, or just focusing on Huckabee clearly points out the agenda of some posters here.

4. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

Huckabee is an immediately recognizable face and name nationwide. The judges who handed out light sentences or cases against this animal, the defense lawyers who cited technicalities, and the prosecutors who dropped it to a lesser charge to insure a conviction, are not. Though there is plenty of responsibility to go around for this, it falls on Huckabee because it allows people to point fingers and place all of the blame on one person, which is easy, convenient, and helpful to some people's agenda.

Personally, I think it's a chance that every one in power takes in pardoning or commuting criminals. Not all of them go back to crime, but some do, and this one just happened to make national news by killing cops and raping underage girls. Huckabee will get most of the blame, but there is plenty of it to go around, should anyone examine the Judicial System and the Probation/Parole Board

5. mobius481

Not even close. I have no agenda on Huckabee. In fact, I considered voting for him in the primary before going with Romney. But this is very disappointing to me. After reading about this, I have read about his pension for commuting sentences for other violent criminals. I don't understand why he's commuting these sentences. If his religion is getting in the way of his good sense, then he loses respect as a good governor to me. Truth is, I probably wouldn't vote for him anyway unless he changed his stance on the fair tax but this is a serious issue for me. His actions have led directly to rapes and murders. If you overlook this then you are the one with an agenda.

And I definitely don't think it's all his fault, but saying he is not to blame at all is not correct either.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Penchant.:)

Huckabee said he'd get 1200 of these a year and he always made 5 contacts: DA, def atty, family rep, judge and correction officials. In this case he heard back from 2 of them and no red flags were seen. He commuted the sentence and the guy was later paroled.

Huckabee screwed up but there were numerous later chances to put this guy away, including the judges that recently put a 15K bail on him for the rape of a 12 year old.

7. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Huckabee thinks he has some sort of connection with God and is religiously above the rest of us.

Like most conservatives he confuses his religion as conservative.

If this doesn't finally put the nail is his political coffin I'm not sure what else will.

8. mobius481

Damn, got me. That doesn't happen much, not because I always know the right word but because I typically look it up if I'm not sure. I'll just say, touche' (pretend the comma is an accent):thumb:

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

damn, i was thinking old huck was getting a kickback.

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

evidently the prosecutors asked for $200k bail and the judge gave $190k. bail is based on norms not judge preference. i heard this on foxnews tonight, so im sure its correct.