News Seattle Police Kill Suspect in Officer Slayings

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by BAY0U BENGAL, Dec 1, 2009.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

A commutation is not a pardon. Huckabee didn't free him, the parole board did. Still, I hope lessons can be learned from this. 60 years in prison should be 60 years in prison.

2. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Not with the bleeding hearts around. They'll look at it as a "one time thing"

3. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

His response, which was plastered on Fox News, is kind of a cop out to me. I understand forgiveness, but I also understand the need to pay for your "mistake" if that's the claim, or, to be more realistic, your deliberate criminal act.

4. Chase4LSU

Even established mandatory minimum time that is prescribed by law and cannot be altered by a judge would be an improvement

5. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Huckabee will take his licks on this. And he should.

But the real lesson should be aimed at the bleeding hearts out there who want an impossibly long and tedious justice system that makes it almost impossible to rid ourselves of these animals.

A properly exercised death penalty system, after an appropriate appeal process (you know, a year or so, not ten), would do wonders to reduce the prison populations and deter violent crime. Not to mention prevent this kind of crap.

Prison has a culture that does not scare some scumbags. But death is a one-way door, and it doesn't care if you're scared of dying or not. You're gone.

Nothing will change, though. The "intellectuals" are in charge for now. They know better than us.

6. BAY0U BENGAL

The prisons and jails are breeding grounds for gangs and drug lords and the like. What happened to chain gangs?

I just don't think you can rehabilitate some of these people. And letting them out too soon is a problem.

7. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I've always said let me be the Governor of Louisiana for 1 year, not only would I bring back quick and swift executions... but i'd make the state of LA a ton of money doing it. We have hundreds on death row, wood and rope are damn near free.
    I'd bring back hangings and broadcast them on television via PPV for $39.95 an execution... not only would it generate a ton of money for roads, healthcare, education, etc, etc., but it'd clear out an over crowded death row population that's doing nothing but draining the tax payers pocket with frivolous expenses.
    Not to mention it just might put the fear of the new justice system in the minds of these drains on society. Betcha after a few broadcasted hangings either the thugs would leave the state or violent crime would be cut in half over night.

Good call here Libs. :dis: Based on those findings that's exactly the kind of person I want roaming around, considering his violent past as well... one day the bleeding hearts will learn when it's their families being knocked off.

8. BAY0U BENGAL

It really starts with local jail systems. Getting the DA to start putting people on trials. Then move it up to the bigger courts and prisons. The justice system is too slow moving and is geared towards violators, not victims.

No they won't.

9. Chase4LSU

Make it free and mandatory viewing for inmates and you got my vote:thumb:

10. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I like the mandatory viewing for inmates, especially for those already on death row, kind of like a "Look what's in store for you". But either the executions would have to be done in say The Superdome where tickets would be sold, or the PPV idea would stay, might as well use their misfortune to generate much needed money for the improvement of the state...

And to really make an impression on would be violent offenders, and those being released from prison, and to add to the gore effect, there would be no additional expenses on hoods for the hangees.