Sean Payton Rumors

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I just read the statements from Payton regarding his moving to Dallas.

New Orleans Saints issue statement on Coach Sean Payton's home purchase in Dallas | NOLA.com

Notice that there is no, "I ain't going anywhere. I plan on coaching the Saints for a while...blah blah blah".

Interesting the way that it is worded.

2. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Go to wwl and listen to his conversation w/ Bobby Hebert this afternoon. I heard it live while in the truck so I'll paraphrase Payton: "I am NOT going to the Cowboys, my wife and I are NOT separating, we had a family discussion and as a family decided to do this. I have no intention what so ever of leaving the Saints. I will fly in on Sunday evenings and leave on Friday evenings in the off-season. I plan to coach the Saints for many more years. I hope to retire from coaching as the Saints coach."

3. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

come on...did CSP really say that??

and him keeping his Mandeville house does nothing for me. i think its 50-50 in 2 years to him staying or bolting to Dallas. even if it sounds like a good idea commuting now...his ties to NOLA arent that great and being without his wife and kids will kill him. ESPECIALLY if the W-L record isnt what it was the last couple years.

im just saying...he made it a WHOLE lot easier to head west in the future. first foot out the door IMO

4. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

He also said he doesn't want to coach for 15 more years. He wants to retire young and win Lombardis with his kids in life.

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Yep. But I could believe another 8-10 years, especially if they develop a QB worth of succeeding Brees.

6. ech1997

ech1997 Freshman

I think it is a little ridiculous how everyone is getting bent out of shape. The man is stuck here until 2012. He's under contract. If he wanted to leave, he'd just do it. He has a right to put his familyin the best place he can.

7. ech1997

ech1997 Freshman

Good read on Payton

There is an article at www.thedailyhattrick.info kind of pointing out the absurdity of the Payton Panic caused by the move to Dallas. Good read. Deep breath, everyone!

Saintslogo

8. ech1997

ech1997 Freshman

Good for him. I don't blame him. People overracet to this stuff too often.

1 person likes this.
  9. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Someone put it very clearly today....this move by Payton is not for the long term. Sorry, but barring another major run at the Super Bowl in the next couple years....CSP is gone in two years max.

It has never been that a coach or his family has lived outside the metro area of the city he has coach in for over two years...and Cower was the ONLY one (for 2 years) after he had already planned his retirement after said two years. Contrary to what people think....Dungy's wife and kids moved with him to Indy. The only family member to stay behind in Tampa was his son that tragically ended his life.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

just in case you are wondering....

Vaquero