Sea Salt; Celery Salt; Iodized/Non Iodized Salt

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by LSUTiga, Jul 18, 2013.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Yeah, it is. You can do fruit and all kinda shit on it. I I can probably do 5 lbs. It has 10 racks.

My uncle gave it to me after I told him I'd done a batch in the oven. He'd gotten it and ended up not using it much. Every once and a while he'll do a batch on his pit.

2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I read an article a few months ago about how the natural minerals of earth are gradually being removed from our food chain. I think that it suggested using a particular kind of salt that still includes these minerals. Does anyone know which one?

If I recall, the article was about dehydration. It mentioned that most people just think that drinking more water will prevent dehydration. However, (apparently) your body requires sufficient minerals to properly absorb the water. Drinking the proper amount of water without the minerals in your body will still leave you prone to dehydration.

3. sunnyjim

sunnyjim Founding Member

They sell this brand out west and it is on restaurant tables. It's rock salt, not sea salt, no matter what they call it to sell it to hippies. It's completely unrefined and has lots of minerals, but it is kind of gritty, if you ask me. Real Salt.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

all salt is effectively sea salt. same shit. just get the one that you think tastes best. the organic bullshit is simply that.