Scratch one more off

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Nov 6, 2016.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Jury is still out on O. Disappointment after last night bc of flashback to 1.9.12. If there was a God we wouldn't have had to experience that once. Much less twice. So the one thing we can take away from last night. There is no God. If Saban winning at Bama didn't tip you off already that is.

Ensminger is out. You can't go o'fer the scoreboard with 2 weeks to prepare when the reason the prior hc was fired was for that exact reason-no production on offense. And the qb looked the same.

You gotta at least spread it out and pray you can still get a snap off. But you can't look like lesmiles v2. 0. You just can't.

Setback for O fair or unfair. This is under his watch. His real test will be whether he can get this team to give a shit about any of the remaining games with little to nothing to play for. We will be sleepwalking for a half at rkansas I'm afraid. The Bama hangover is real. This will not be an easy game.

So
    Ensminger is oit.
    Peveto is out.
    I suppose Grimes is out.

I wouldn't mind hiring aranda as hc to keep him but his non type-A personality worries me. He seems more like a lifetime assistant after hearing him in a few interviews.

Or maybe we need less assholes as hc. Maybe the aranda types work out better but are never really given the chance. Either way we need to keep him happy.

If Herman and jimbo are out who do you hire if you were AD?

LSUpride123, fanatic and lsu-i-like like this.
  2. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Grimes is the biggest out IMO. While I agree that Ensminger may be over his head at OC, you can debate he had to take over a playbook. Grimes has put out under performing OL's since he has been here.

TwistedTiger likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Nobody's off the table. Everybody has a price. Find out the chosen one's price and pay it

P&G_wheelz007 likes this.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

At this point we still don't know what O will be able to do with an offseason and his own staff and the players he recruits. I don't think last night was a nail in the coffin, it was a setback like you said. I agree with the 2012 reference because if you look at the offensive stats they are almost identical. I also agree with what you said about Ensminger, Grimes, and Peveto even though special teams has been really solid since Peveto was put on special teams only. I disagree about Aranda, he will be a HC someday he just needs some time spent with someone that can coach him up on media and interaction.

What does LSU do from here on out. That's going to determine O's fate.

TheRealist and P&G Fan like this.
  5. Perple

Perple Founding Member

why try to dance around the problem. we need to cut the head off this snake. we need a clean slate. keep aranda if possible & hire a new coaching staff. as for names there are at least 50 legit candates from fleck to herman to looking at the nfl.

6. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

[QUOTE="tirk, post: 1589103, member: 4759"
    If Herman and jimbo are out who do you hire if you were AD?[/QUOTE]

Drop the Interim from YawYaws title and give him a couple recruiting classes of his own. Brennans coming in to relieve Etling of his duties. We win last night with a qb like Myles.

fanatic and geaux9 like this.
  7. tirk

List out these names. There's less than 10. Maybe less than 5.

didit and StaceyO like this.
  8. LaSalleAve

We did cut the head off the snake but when you cut the head off the snake the body still moves around. This team still has Les flowing through it. 50 legit candidates is either you exaggerating or really just not having any idea what you are talking about.

9. tirk

If we win out I don't think hes a lock bc of the o'fer. It brought the miles memories front and center which is unfortunate. But a reminder that's who we are.

Comes down to who is attainable that we want over him.

10. LaSalleAve

I just don't think that is even remotely fair. Saban on our sideline last night wouldn't have come in and beat Alabama last night. No horses up front and it's obvious Miles' poison is still flowing through the veins of LSU.