Scenario

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Mar 23, 2014.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Crazy shit gets taught at public school. Teachers can have their own agenda just like anyone else. Kids walk in believing there is no way a teacher would say or teach anything but the truth. In elementary school I told/tell my kids we need to do some more homework and learn all the things they didn't have time for in class. In middle school, they are 12/13/14....old enough to know the truth so I tell my kid the teacher is full of shit, be skeptical.

And still, parents should be far more concerned about what their kids hear from classmates and friends. Oh my gawd the shit they tell each other and for some reason, they find other kids to be "credible". Hell no. Creationism being taught in science class is such a non-issue. I can't begin to care.

gyver likes this.
  2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

For crayons maybe but not other products. Band-Aid brand still sells "flesh" colored band-aids but for whose flesh? Nylons that are "nude" or "flesh-tone" seem to be for white wimenz.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Not mine. Band-aids are much darker than me. And pinker, too. i don't think they match anybody. Maybe we should be using camouflage bandaids.

[​IMG]

gyver likes this.
  4. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Odin is a god right? :p

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

The problem seems to be, to me, that we created time and time has a start and a finish. We would have to wrap our head around a place in which time does not exists and things just "are".

7. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

image.jpg
    This. Is a God. Aphrodite the mighty.

8. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

We had this already in 7th grade at Woodlawn in BR. We advised the teacher that we would have the ACLU contact the school board if any of the material showed up on a test. I have no problems with them offering it as an explanation, as long as they don't try to pass it off as science. I felt that it was not a curriculum issue, but an issue with the teacher pushing her beliefs. My daughter has no problems telling her teachers or classmates that she is an atheist.

No problems with it here in Florida, but that's probably because it's not on the standardized test... lol