Scenario

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Mar 23, 2014.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

It is no more of a problem than any other item a parent might find wrong headed or disagree with. In elementary school out here when kids learn about MLK Jr, they come away being taught that white folks are the "peach people". Peach? Really? It's okay to be white, no need to come up with a politically correct color.

If you don't consider information dissemination as being pushy, then creationism isn't pushy either.

Again, at the end of the Islam section, the kids saw a movie showing a variety of American school kids giving their take on 9/11. The movie ended with a young girl saying it was all America's fault and we should be ashamed. lol. Yea, you have to talk to your kids every freakin day.

gyver likes this.
  2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Hey, that's a new one for me.

Well, I don't think simple information is pushy. The only problem with creationism is that it is phony science. The existence of gays is just reality. What would be pushy to me is some teacher (and I heard that this happened) telling kids that they must choose whether to be straight or gay.

Well, I believe that for sure.

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I dont believe that for one minute or you could be Arizona, where they voted no on it being a holiday.

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Don't believe what? The peach part? That was the first thing that came out of my son's mouth when he got in the car after school. I asked him what he had learned about MLK Jr and why we celebrate that day. The picture he drew had both black and "peach" people. The peach people were holding fire hoses with water aimed at the black folks. True enough. That was his take from school.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

the peach people part, who would even teach that, its crazy.

6. red55

I hate it when the Peach People do that. Let the Sepia-Mahogany People overcome while dry.

LSUMASTERMIND likes this.
  7. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I have a 6 yr old that calls people "peach" or "brown" because those are the crayon colors he uses to draw white and black people at school. I guess he's at the age now that I should have a short discussion with him. I'm not sure that he even realizes that we're "white".

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

But the questions remains, where did matter or energy come from???

9. red55

When I was a kid the crayon color was "flesh". I guess that fell by the wayside a long time ago.

[​IMG]

10. red55

Odin!

[​IMG]

LSUpride123 and uscvball like this.