Saints @ Washington

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Dec 1, 2009.

1. LesMilesFan

LesMilesFan Founding Member

Best thing for the Saints is that the Vikings keep winning. No room for complacency. Every game is big.

2. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Agree that the Vikings 10-1 record is making sure the Saints stay focused. This is tough to have a short week like this and go on the road, but I don't think Washington has the offense to threaten us. With Portis, I'd be worried about having another running back give the defense fits. I don't think Cartwright is good enough to scare us, though.

The only thing that might let them hang is if we turn the ball over like the Miami-Rams stretch. It seems in the last two weeks, we've cleaned up the turnover issue, though. I like us to win, but the Redskin defense keeps us around 30.

Saints 31-10

3. Nastynemec4565

Nastynemec4565 Just waiting on Strasburg

As a big Skins fan I must say that the only way we win is if the Saints partied all week... But there are a couple of things that give me a glimmer of hope

1. The Skins have lost away at Dallas and Philly back to back weeks by a combined 4 points. The Redskins gave up the lead both times in the 4th quarter

2. The Saints are coming off a short week (I wish Monday's game would've been much closer)

3. The Saints have played down to lesser teams (Rams, Carolina) yet creamed "good" teams (NY Giants, NE, Philly)

4. In 2006 the 4-9 Skins beat the 9-4 Saints in the Superdome

Having said all that we are on our 3rd string RB and the only way to win is to control the clock. We're missing half our line, Chris Cooley, Portis and JC doesnt win ball games. Our D is solid... not good enough though. The Redskins usually only win the free-agency bowl and not much else these days, but that's why they play the game.

I'm sure I'll be the only person in New Orleans with a Skins jersey on (let alone a Theismann jersey) but I'm excited either way...

4. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Break a leg, pal.:hihi:

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Dammit, DeAngelo Hall will be out for this game.

Advantage Redskins.

6. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

:lol:

7. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

Saints take it 31-17.

8. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Probably the #1 idiot in the NFL...closely followed by Shawn Merriman and Kellen Winslow Jr.

Too bad he's out. Henderson could have another 75-yard reception. :thumb:

9. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I'LL BE THERE!!!

It's currently snowing in DC but they're predicting it to stop later today. I hope so!

10. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

This. Plus the Vikings will likely beat the Cards tonight, especially if Warner can't play. They just can't seem to score much with Linert in. If Warner's healthy they may be able to keep up with the Vikings.