Saints vs Rams NFCCG thread

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Kirkwood and Watson were absent from practice again yesterday, but Peat, Warford and Unger were all full participants.

3. didit

didit Veteran Member

Watson out with appendicitis... Peculiar thing is the article said he's looking to avoid surgery... If you have appendicitis, you're going to have surgery or die... This means he'll miss the SB as well, thus ending his career

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Kirkwood is also out, calf injury

5. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Austin Carr, Dan Arnold...batter up! lol

6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

https://www.nola.com/expo/sports/g6...ch-the-super-bowl-here-are-5-reasons-why.html

I don't agree fully with all of this, and certainly don't expect a rout, but he's right about everyone nationally pointing out the Rams run game, and not mentioning much about ours. Kamara could certainly be a difference maker. This article doesn't give the Rams enough credit, though, and doesn't touch on the Rams improved areas since our last meeting w/them combined w/our injuries. I sure hope Kamara, Brees, and the Dome-field advantage = a win. It'll be tough; doubt a rout, but would love that for sure! Geaux Saints!

kcal, didit and Bengal B like this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I agree on the dome field advantage but I hope our OL isn't too affected by injuries. Rams can run but Saints are just as good if not better.

Rankin was the best D Lineman in the running game so somebody will have to step up.

McVey is a brilliant young offensive mind but at times he has shown a tendency to overcoach. And Payton has proved his offensive genius over time.

Saints could be in for a long afternoon if they play the first quarter like they did against the Eagles so those mistakes must be rectified.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  8. didit

didit Veteran Member

He didn't even mention their secondary... AK41 is a bad matchup for them and so is Mike... And they still have 22 playing corner... If we contain their run game we win... We have the better team overall but I don't see rout happening...

ehusson80 and ParadiseiNC like this.
  9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Peters has been talking a lot of smack. I would design a double move for whoever he's guarding because he's going to be ultra aggressive, trying to make up for the last game.

Richdog and ehusson80 like this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Good morning Who Dats. Who remembers this play? I was there and it felt like an earthquake had hit Tulane Stadium.

ParadiseiNC likes this.