Saints Vs Giants

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Oct 14, 2009.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

The first contact came from the defender brushing up leg to leg, which caused Colston to trip over his own feet.

So it's a mixture of both things happening. Still, it should have not been interference.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Webster-Colston should have been a no-call.

Did anybody else disagree with the roughing the passer on Vilma? IMO, he didn't go after his head, he just ran through him, going shoulder pad to shoulder pad. He did not lower his head, but he didn't lead with it. BS call...and maybe that's why we got the Webster call.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Had that been Brees and they didn't call it, I would have been livid.

I hate that Sharper didn't get his 11th interception for a TD, but it is what it is.

And 27-3, this would have been much uglier than what it turned out to be.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Looked like helmet to helmet to me and his facemask was pointing toward the ground when the hit occurred. Textbook IMO given the rules. BTW, I think the rules are a little over the top for QBs.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

eh i don't think Vilma was trying to hit him with his helmet it just happened that way, but that is going to get the flag everytime. although it was nice to see that little whiney bitch eli get squared in the jaw. the webster PI call was bogus. anyone see when Eli got all pissed at Bradshaw and started hitting his shoulderpads for not picking up a block. Nevermind he just threw it up for grabs, and if you watch the replay of Eli's face, oh my god its priceless, he looked like the biggest f'n pansy with that "holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit" look on his face.

6. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

True. But Montana played for the 49ers, Brees...well...for the old saints !Saintslogo.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

he tripped himself first. gotta watch it closer.

8. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

And he closed his eyes when he threw it.

Of course, I am a Mannings fan. Class act family. Just not when they play the Saints.