Saints Vs Giants

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Oct 14, 2009.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Brees throws for 369, should have been over 400 with the missed pass to Henderson. He almost never misses on the long ball like that. He got pressure on it, but you could still see he threw it like he wanted to, it was just surprisingly short.

That was the only thing missing from the arsenal today, the long TD to Henderson.

This offense is TOO good. It's as simple as that.

They didn't even need to run the ball like I thought they would. Payton saw a banged up secondary and said we're going to kill them in the passing game and committed to it. Nothing the Giants could have done about it. Their fate was determined during practice this week.

1 person likes this.
  2. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

So many good one liners in that post....most could stand alone, when put together..a thing of beauty :thumb:

3. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

It was sarcasm...not a shot.

When did I say someone doesn't have a right to be negative? It's OK to rant negatively if it makes you feel better.

By the way, that snow in early December was the sign we've been waiting for...hell is freezing over!!
    Saints and super bowl are now mentioned in the same sentence. Who dat !!!!

4. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

"I know, quit teasing me"

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

NYG has arguably the best d-line in football right now, and they never came close to sacking DB. Our offensive line was brilliant yesterday. Time for Bushrod, Evans, Goodwin, Nicks and Stinchcomb (and Streif) to start getting some recognition!

6. islstl

Aikman alluded to the fact that we're so much better run blocking this season and said that's when you have a much better chance at making a Pro Bowl.

I think Jahri Evans and possibly even someone like Bushrod could get a Pro Bowl nod this year. Stinchcomb and Goodwin have been solid all year as well.

Agreed that the Saints O-line just passed their stiffest test of the year and came away with a grade of A.

7. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Drew Brees for Heisman !!!!!

8. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Drew Brees is Joe Montana reincarnated...he's every bit as good as Montana ever was...even in the clutch, where Montana was one of the greatest of all time.

9. islstl

That I would have to disagree with.

Brees, although great in his own right, has one of the lowest totals of come from behind 4th quarter victories of all the great QBs with the numbers of starts he has had.

Here is a good discussion on the meaning of 4th quarter comebacks:
    Pro-football-reference.com blog Quarterbacks and fourth quarter comebacks, Part II

I would suspect Brees has less than 10 in his career and I think he has 0 as a Saints player.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

if you watch the replay (if you have it tivod) you will notice colston tripped over himself.

I noticed his foot caught his calf and he did it to himself.

maybe its on youtube. pretty funny when you see it.